Partys Now Days

Lounge By rosita6882 Updated 17 Sep 2007 , 6:51pm by ccr03

rosita6882 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
rosita6882 Posted 17 Sep 2007 , 5:29pm
post #1 of 4

When i was 15 i had my quincenera and it was very formal. My dress covered everything that needed to be covered and our music was apropriate. I just did a cake for a quincenera this past Saturday and man was it something else. The birthday girl changed out of her gown(probly over $600.00) into a way too short skirt and pink cowboy shirt and cowboy hat and did her dance with 6 young boys who danced around her(like stripers except they didn't take off any clothes) and the next song she sat in a chair while these boys danced around her shaking their buts and other things for her. What happend to the good old days when a girl at fifteen had to ask for her parents permission to dance period??

3 replies
ccr03 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ccr03 Posted 17 Sep 2007 , 5:45pm
post #2 of 4

WHOA!!

I haven't been to a quinceanera like that and I don't know what I would do if I was! I'm happy to say that none of the quinceaneras I've gone to have done a 'stripper' dance and have stayed in their dresses. (Two girls did change - one for a mambo number and the other for a 1920's theme skit - which was so AWESOME - but they both changed back).

HOwever, the thing that gets me and always will, is the LOOOOONG list of padrinos they will have for EVERY SINGLE LITTLE THING!! Dude, I am a amazed at the list sometimes.

rosita6882 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
rosita6882 Posted 17 Sep 2007 , 6:14pm
post #3 of 4

I know. And they try so hard not to leave anyone out so they practicly mention everyone. But yeah i mean i would have been thrilled to be her at fifteen but thats where the parents are supposed to step in. It used to be about introducing a young lady. Now its like, look what she can do to get everyones attention. At least thats what i thought watching that performance.

ccr03 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ccr03 Posted 17 Sep 2007 , 6:51pm
post #4 of 4

Exactly! Because it's not like they don't know their daughter may want a quinceanera at 15 - especially if she has been going to them for years with her family.

(sigh) I guess we have MTV's Sweet Sixteen to thank for helping girl lose the real meaning of a quinceanera.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%