I Need Help With A Football Jersey Cake..

Decorating By lizzard14 Updated 17 Sep 2007 , 6:52pm by Inga

lizzard14 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
lizzard14 Posted 17 Sep 2007 , 11:24am
post #1 of 8

If any of you have done a jersey cake before, can you tell me how you did it?

7 replies
fooby Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
fooby Posted 17 Sep 2007 , 3:42pm
post #2 of 8

I haven't done a jersey cake before but if you search the galleries and find one that you like, you can PM the person who did this. I think you'll get a better response that way. HTH.

ctackett Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ctackett Posted 17 Sep 2007 , 3:54pm
post #3 of 8

I have an order for a first birthday jersey this weekend. I am just going to do a jersey in fondant and lay it on a sheet cake and do it in OSU colors like they want

arosstx Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
arosstx Posted 17 Sep 2007 , 3:54pm
post #4 of 8

I've done two, one baseball, one football. I went to www.nfl.com and found the jersey I needed (peyton manning), copied and pasted it to Word, then printed it and used my copier to enlarge it to fit the size cake I was making. Then I placed it on top of the cake and carved it, iced it, and used fondant for the number and name on the back. They're both posted in my pics. Hope that helps. Probably an easier way to do it, but at the time it worked for me. These days, I would probably just carve it freehand! icon_smile.gif

ctackett Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ctackett Posted 17 Sep 2007 , 6:28pm
post #5 of 8

My customer brought in a sketch. It's quite ingenious. It is a gridiron with a jersey in the middle and Happy birthday written in the endzones. It will make a nice cake. I am using fondant no doubt.

nanahaley Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
nanahaley Posted 17 Sep 2007 , 6:37pm
post #6 of 8

I have one in my photos that I made for my granddaughters 11th birthday. I used the Wilton shirt pan. Don't even know if it is still available.

kellycakes4949 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kellycakes4949 Posted 17 Sep 2007 , 6:41pm
post #7 of 8

The soccer jersey in my photos I did by carving the shape from an 11x15 sheet. I made a template on paper first. The logo on the shirt is a frozen buttercream transfer. The rest of the pattern/colours on the shirt I eyeballed from a picture of the jersey.

Inga Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Inga Posted 17 Sep 2007 , 6:52pm
post #8 of 8

I have done a few but it is all English football clubs..Have a look and see if you can get some ideas.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%