Problems W/cc

Decorating By moralna Updated 3 Dec 2006 , 8:40am by frulund2600

moralna Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
moralna Posted 16 Nov 2006 , 9:25pm
post #1 of 28

Is anyone else having problems with CC website??

27 replies
nichi Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
nichi Posted 17 Nov 2006 , 1:54am
post #2 of 28

I had problems all day, but heck I actually got some work done!

meghabyte Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
meghabyte Posted 17 Nov 2006 , 1:56am
post #3 of 28

Yes, I'm pretty sure they're undergoing some kind of technical dificulties. I'm sure they'll get it worked out soon. icon_smile.gif

Kate714 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Kate714 Posted 17 Nov 2006 , 1:56am
post #4 of 28

yes, just got on after hours of not being able to...I have also gotten a lot of work done icon_biggrin.gif

JaneK Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
JaneK Posted 17 Nov 2006 , 1:57am
post #5 of 28

Had problems last night and today...but it's up and running now icon_lol.gif ...last time it happened they said they were doing maintenance on the site so that is probably what happened.

Schmoop Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Schmoop Posted 17 Nov 2006 , 1:58am
post #6 of 28

I just got on for the second time today...not since this morning and I have been going through widthdrawals!!!!!!!!!

shortNsweet Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
shortNsweet Posted 17 Nov 2006 , 1:59am
post #7 of 28

I also had some problems, but I just shut down , rebooted, and now it's FINE!

nichi Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
nichi Posted 17 Nov 2006 , 2:00am
post #8 of 28

I actually was worried my work was blocking me somehow, I generally spend way to much time on here... shhhh dont tell! icon_twisted.gif

christeena Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
christeena Posted 17 Nov 2006 , 2:01am
post #9 of 28

Me, too! You'd think I'd get some work done, (have a cake due Friday) but I just served other cake decorator sites getting inspired. But I did suffer CC withdrawals today!! Just got on! Yippee!!

kendraanne Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kendraanne Posted 17 Nov 2006 , 2:02am
post #10 of 28

Yes! I've been having problems off and on since last night!! So annoying, but I'm sure there is a good explaination... At least I was able to get some cleaning & laundry done! icon_lol.gif

debbie2881 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
debbie2881 Posted 17 Nov 2006 , 2:08am
post #11 of 28

also having problems, do you guys think CC can support all its members? i'm guessing there was alot of people on today thats why there were so many problems. CC has been busy these days.

Zmama Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Zmama Posted 17 Nov 2006 , 2:08am
post #12 of 28

Is it possible for them to give us an email WARNING????? "Cannot find server" gives me the shakes.

heychele Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
heychele Posted 17 Nov 2006 , 2:09am
post #13 of 28

I about went crazy! I'm working on my first wedding cake for Saturday and needed to look something up. Let's just say the other sites are nothing like good old Cake Central!
I'm so happy to be back on!!!!!!!!

kaychristensen Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kaychristensen Posted 17 Nov 2006 , 2:15am
post #14 of 28

Ditto to all the above. Zmama the page can not be dispalyed scared me to. I thought something bad had happened.

patticakesnc Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
patticakesnc Posted 17 Nov 2006 , 2:29am
post #15 of 28

Thank goodness. I thought it was just me. I have been fighting it since noon today.

Monica0271 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Monica0271 Posted 17 Nov 2006 , 2:37am
post #16 of 28
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zmama

"Cannot find server" gives me the shakes.

icon_lol.gificon_lol.gif ME TOO!! Holy cow. I thought I was going to loose it there for a minute icon_redface.gificon_sad.gif

I dont like cakecentral problems. Though I know it was NOT on purpose.

Thank you Jackie & Heath for ALL you do!!!! thumbs_up.gif

After all,Its your fault I am addicted icon_lol.gif (j/k) icon_lol.gif

CakesBySandy Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
CakesBySandy Posted 17 Nov 2006 , 2:40am
post #17 of 28

I was at work too when I started having problems. I kept looking around to see if the Computer Police were going to come see me about spending work time on the computer. LOL

I got home and tried the website and had the same problems... WHEW!!!!

mocakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mocakes Posted 17 Nov 2006 , 2:47am
post #18 of 28

Oh thank heaven...CC was doing some weird stuff today and I began to think it had a life of its own!!! icon_eek.gificon_eek.gif

I'm sooo glad to be back that I decided to change my avatar for the happy occasion!!!!!!! icon_biggrin.gificon_biggrin.gificon_biggrin.gificon_biggrin.gificon_biggrin.gificon_biggrin.gificon_biggrin.gificon_biggrin.gif

sweet_as_tisse Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sweet_as_tisse Posted 17 Nov 2006 , 2:48am
post #19 of 28

thank god it is'nt just me...i was having panick attacks.....

just managed to get back on now!!!

Oh... i really am addicted..lol

i just hate that 'connecting to site blah blah blah....i like when it say's website found!!!!!

Heath Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Heath Posted 17 Nov 2006 , 2:53am
post #20 of 28

We had a problem with a piece of hardware in one of the servers that had to be replaced.

CakesBySandy Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
CakesBySandy Posted 17 Nov 2006 , 2:57am
post #21 of 28

THank you Heath, y'all do a super job!!!

krzyzak Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
krzyzak Posted 17 Nov 2006 , 3:05am
post #22 of 28

i have been having prob too. just when i was getting ready to look up a recipe it went down on me. i can't belive how addictive this site is. i think they should add a chat room on here sence there are so many of us on here all the time. maybe not then we would never get anything done for sure lol.

JaneK Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
JaneK Posted 17 Nov 2006 , 3:11am
post #23 of 28
Quote:
Quote:

We had a problem with a piece of hardware in one of the servers that had to be replaced.

Thanks so much for all that you do for us addicted CCer's!

cakeatopia Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cakeatopia Posted 17 Nov 2006 , 4:15am
post #24 of 28

Mine kept giving me a "Error 501: Gateway timed out' like I was crazy looking for this site. Gave me options of typing in the URL address again. I didnot even type it in the first time, I have cc listed as one of my favorites.

I thought my Windows Me was the culprit--usually is for everything else.

Yeaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa cc is back!

newlywedws Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
newlywedws Posted 17 Nov 2006 , 4:30am
post #25 of 28

Man I was worried it was just me, I was actually having withdrawals to the point I had to go to another site...just to get a fix...wouldn't you know it just wasn't the same!

7yyrt Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
7yyrt Posted 17 Nov 2006 , 6:04am
post #26 of 28

Last time this happened I was forced to make a light saber cake - THIS time I made my first cookies-on-a-stick!
(That doesn't mean I don't love you...) icon_biggrin.gif

yummy Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
yummy Posted 3 Dec 2006 , 8:10am
post #27 of 28

I am just now reading the post on this topic from Nov. 17. You guys were lucky. The last time I was able to get on this site was the beginning of Nov. I had posted some ?'s and decided to wait until the next day to read replies. Couldn't get on. At first I thought it was my computer (I was on someone else's when I posted) I went to the libraries, other people's homes, called people on their jobs and ask them to see if they could get on, and all the places that have computer services in my area with absolutely positively NO LUCK! So yes, I was difinitely going through withdrawls, but it doesn't end there!

I really don't care for white cakes (haven't figured out how to make them right yet any suggestions?) I seen on this site how a little wilton's violet in yellow cake batter turns it white, it was a while ago don't know where it is now. Anywho, I called wilton since it's there violet and spoke to someone in the test kitchen about it. She was clueless to what I was talking about. I told her where I got this tip and told her I couldn't get on the website. She went on there for me and immediately got through. So now I am all excited, hang up the phone turn on the c do the www thing and NOTHING!!!! Through Yahoo, NOTHING!!!!! Through Google, NOTHING!!!!

So I'm trying to be easy right, but it's hard because I'm feeling like I lost contact with my best friend and don't know where she is, when she's coming back or if I'll ever speak to her again. I have to keep it moving so now I am searching the net looking for answers to ?'s that I needed answers to. THERE IS NOTHING OUT THERE LIKE CAKE CENTRAL!!!!! So I'm saying to myself SELF! This is not good.

I work from home so I would try to log on all throughout the day and night, everyday and night, for days and nights and NOTHING!!!! It got to the point where I felt like I was starving and had no food and I kept going back and forth looking in the frig and cabinets for something to eat knowing there won't be any food, just to walk away doubled over in pain.

CC going MIA was CAUSING ME TO STRUGGLE! One day I barked on my daughter because she could get on all her favorite sites (in a joking way but I was jealous, and a little serious; see that was the struggle taking hold of me)

My daughter said "Look lady, for the past couple of weeks you have been wrong, rude and your attitude is poor; I hope for your sake they come back soon because I don't think they have a rehab center for cc junkies; the madness has got to stop, so get it together and get it fast!" I had to laugh at that (it was better than crying). I finally was able to get on Dec 1, and when I did I said HHHHHHHEEEEEEEEEEEEYYYYYYYYYYY!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I soon realized that I must have been the only one with this long term problem. I was expecting a flood of posts about what happened and the one from Nov.17 was the first I've seen and it was only for a few hours or half a day.

Welcome back friends! I've missed you sssssoooo much. Don't leave me lonely like that ever againn!

frulund2600 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
frulund2600 Posted 3 Dec 2006 , 8:40am
post #28 of 28

oh, you poor thing. Welcome back to CC. I can only imagine being without CC for so long, it must have been horrible.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%