Voluntary Cake Idea....c.a.k.e. Buds Or ?? Moderator Input..

Lounge By Jopalis Updated 21 Nov 2006 , 8:39pm by Vanaya

Jopalis Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Jopalis Posted 16 Nov 2006 , 7:38pm
post #1 of 49

Here is response from Heath/Jackie....

Inbox :: Message
To: Jopalis
Posted: Thu Nov 16, 2006 4:36 pm
Subject: Re: RE: Voluntary Cake thread/posting....

Jackie and I have talked it over and while we feel it is a great idea, it is not something we can incorporate directly into CC at this time. We are supportive of the idea, and if you want to create a yahoo group, you can put a link in your signature to the group. You can also create a thread to advertise the group, giving info about the group and how to get signed up.

The thread just cannot be used to actually discuss the exchange of service.

I hope this helps and I hope you have great luck getting it going.

48 replies
Jopalis Posted 16 Nov 2006 , 7:45pm
post #2 of 49

I think we have gotten a lot of good input. However, we will need a few people to make some decisions as to setting this thing up, etc. .... Not sure what qualifications should be... maybe someone a bit techy to help set up Yahoo site.... I hear it's not hard. Maybe someone with more baking experience than me, maybe someone with some business knowledge. I really don't know just think maybe 3 people.

I think a lot of us are in agreement to KISS method!! If you strongly feel you want to be part of want to nominate someone... please do so. We really need to get off CC on this... so 1) Yahoo site! 2) Some KISS rules 3) people decide if want to be part of the idea... a list of cities with members in them...3) a request posting area... 4) a way to tag if request is taken .... ALL this is VOLUNTARY.... post for Uncle Charlie may not be taken at all. Baker would probably be liable if they made someone sick. Maybe we should have clause re liability, allergies, etc. OK lots of you think good idea, who wants to step up to the cake plate and help get it off the ground?

Jopalis Posted 16 Nov 2006 , 7:48pm
post #3 of 49

C.A.K.E. Buds...
Not sure if any copyrite issues...w/names since we are a volunteer group....

Vanaya Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Vanaya Posted 16 Nov 2006 , 8:01pm
post #4 of 49

I can create the Yahoo Group if you want...
Just let me know what name you would like to use.

This is a great idea, thank you so much Jopalis.

imartsy Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
imartsy Posted 16 Nov 2006 , 8:10pm
post #5 of 49

I don't understand - what is this about? Was there a previous post i missed?

Jopalis Posted 16 Nov 2006 , 9:02pm
post #7 of 49

Vanaya has offered to start our Yahoo page.....Thanks! Will have to get more info together.... NAME, RULES, LIST of participants...doesn't have to be names, e-mails.... ??, Posting area for requests..... Come on....where'd you all go?

Zmama Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Zmama Posted 17 Nov 2006 , 4:06am
post #8 of 49

Everyone can be found in the ICU due to heart failure after CC being down.

Let us know the address!

Monica0271 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Monica0271 Posted 17 Nov 2006 , 2:55pm
post #9 of 49
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zmama

Everyone can be found in the ICU due to heart failure after CC being down.

!

icon_lol.gif I was....

Naaa...j/k....I am here I am just waiting on the address so I can sign up for it........

Zmama Posted 18 Nov 2006 , 6:16am
post #10 of 49

me too

Monica0271 Posted 18 Nov 2006 , 4:16pm
post #11 of 49

I am still waiting.....................

Jopalis Posted 18 Nov 2006 , 5:17pm
post #12 of 49

Hi. I was unable to get online yesterday due to my computer and prior to that had trouble getting on the website. Now I am down with the flu. What needs to be done is a decision on the name and to figure out how to set up the yahoo group. Vanyana has said she will set up the site for us so if we know the name and what to set it up like....

I am not sure if we should list names of folks or somehow keep that private and just list the cities that are "covered". Also somehow there needs to be a posting board for requests and a way for people to tell if that request has been taken/fulfilled. I know that it was my idea but as I said in postings, I am not sure how to set it up. I did ask for folks to come forward to help and only Vanyana did...There was a lot of interest. Others, I think, are just waiting for it to be done and then will join in.

We should probably have some basic KISS rules such as:
1)Participation is entirely voluntary

2)As such cake should be considered a gift and not an order. While requests may be made as to flavors, colors and decoration, final cake is at sole discretion of the baker.

3)Arrangements for pick-up/delivery will be made to bakers satisfaction.

4)Any food allergies of recipient must be made known by person making request up front . I thought about some sort of thing that said baker is not liable but fact is they are.... I am not a lawyer so don't know all the ins and outs of potential ramifications. However, I think recipient would have to prove that the cake was the problem if there existed a problem. Some sort of feedback for the baker and for others to see would be nice but wouldn't want it to be a bashing thing.... Since cake is a gift and monies aren't changing hands that may help....

Other suggestions may need to be on an individual basis. Such as,
I don't think we should try to take pictures of final cake to be sure of what person is getting but maybe that can be worked out on individual basis. I also don't think we should try to keep track of tallying requests vs. reciprocation. If more folks think we should then step up and say how to set up. Again, if the person is a problem and is requesting more than giving then their requests will go unanswered. Who will be in charge of removing a participant if they are a problem? I am sure changes may need to be made as this thing evolves if it succeeds. Just would like to see some help with set-up. We need some teamwork to get it rolling.... While some folks may have seemed negative in their comments, there is undoubtedly some potentially negative ramifications. Afterall, it is a food product we are talking about... I posted a question because I was curious about it and never expected such an outpouring of interest...LOL! It's nice but we need some help to structure it....

Zmama Posted 18 Nov 2006 , 5:35pm
post #13 of 49

Just checked Google, and there is no place listed as "Cake buds" in any form, so C.A.K.E. Buds should work fine.

We can have one forum. A person in need lists the City, State in the title, and someone in that area can "take" it.

I haven't had a Yahoo group, but on MSN groups there can me multiple Managers and Asst Managers, any of whom can delete posts or members.

I volunteer to help out, but don't want to step on any toes.

Jopalis Posted 19 Nov 2006 , 12:24am
post #14 of 49

Someone else came up with the acronym with C.A.K.E. I just added Buds for buddies.... It is open to change if someone really wants something else. Otherwise we can go with that. Not sure how much we can do with the Yahoo Site.... separate: rules, request page, member cities...(not names?).... Maybe Van... knows.....

Jopalis Posted 19 Nov 2006 , 12:27am
post #15 of 49

I think that is fine ZMama... Van stepped up to the plate as our techy person so maybe her too. She may help out with the site if needed ongoing? I don't know... I am afraid I don't know anything about it and I am just a newbie with the Cake thing so I will have wait a while til I get better at it. We can have a place on CC where we describe it and give URL to those interested in membership. Once the rules are posted people can decide....

knoxcop1 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
knoxcop1 Posted 19 Nov 2006 , 4:29am
post #16 of 49

I really like this idea. I'm all for it!

*waits patiently for more info*

--Knox--

Vanaya Posted 20 Nov 2006 , 2:34pm
post #17 of 49

I really like the name Cake Buds, I can create the group with this name if no one has any objections.

Jopalis, I would like to help you keep this up and runnin once this is all setup.

Once we agree on the name and the group is created, I will PM you and we can work on the rules and stuff.

If anyone else would like to help out, let us know and maybe we could do this over email.

Jopalis Posted 20 Nov 2006 , 4:08pm
post #18 of 49

That sounds fine. I actually started the thread over in the lounge where I think the moderator moved it.... There was a lady that did an anogram out of cake and it was C.A.K.E. and I added Buds for buddies. Simple but says it.... OK...Go for it. There was another person in the thread that said she would help. Funny it was an idea that I asked about but I am not sure how to do it and I am newbie to cake decorating so will have to get better before I do any cakes..... LOL. Not sure how they work but if you look at my other thread in the lounge, we will possibly need a sign up area, a posting area and some rules.... Talk to you later.

Vanaya Posted 20 Nov 2006 , 4:21pm
post #19 of 49

I am in the process of creating the group.

I need to enter a group description, how would you like to word it?

Zmama Posted 20 Nov 2006 , 4:25pm
post #20 of 49

Sending sweet tidings across the miles - for cake decorators, by cake decorators.

knoxcop1 Posted 20 Nov 2006 , 4:28pm
post #21 of 49

icon_surprised.gifAWESOME, ZMAMA!! icon_surprised.gifthumbs_up.gif

--Knox--

Monica0271 Posted 20 Nov 2006 , 4:31pm
post #22 of 49
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zmama

Sending sweet tidings across the miles - for cake decorators, by cake decorators.

icon_surprised.gif I like that too!!

I came up with the acroynam (sp?) for C.A.K.E.S. It stands for Caring About Keeping Events Special.

I do not know if someone else came up with on for C.A.K.E. icon_rolleyes.gif

knoxcop1 Posted 20 Nov 2006 , 4:33pm
post #23 of 49

icon_surprised.gif Dang, Monica! You should be in advertising! icon_surprised.gificon_smile.gif

--Knox--

Zmama Posted 20 Nov 2006 , 4:41pm
post #24 of 49

Monica, that's great! Good thinking, let's keep it.

Vanaya Posted 20 Nov 2006 , 4:43pm
post #25 of 49

The group has been created!

The group is private and requires approval before you can join.

If you would like to join the group, please PM me with your email address and I will send you an invitation to join.

Monica0271 Posted 20 Nov 2006 , 4:57pm
post #26 of 49
Quote:
Originally Posted by knoxcop1

icon_surprised.gif Dang, Monica! You should be in advertising! icon_surprised.gificon_smile.gif

--Knox--

icon_redface.gif Oh Knox stop it!! icon_rolleyes.gificon_lol.gif Thanks....

I would rather be in baking FULL TIME!!!!!!

knoxcop1 Posted 20 Nov 2006 , 4:59pm
post #27 of 49

Monica---go an join up! Your acronym is now the NEW GROUP!!

==Knox==

Vanaya Posted 20 Nov 2006 , 6:05pm
post #28 of 49

OK, I changed my mind....

I really don't like the way Yahoo Groups work, I have deleted the group.

A new group has been created with MSN Groups. I like this format better, it's more like a messageboard.

So, if you want to sign-up please PM me with your email address and I will send you an invitation.

Monica0271 Posted 20 Nov 2006 , 6:16pm
post #29 of 49
Quote:
Originally Posted by knoxcop1

Monica---go an join up! Your acronym is now the NEW GROUP!!

==Knox==

icon_redface.gif Knox you are TOO much!! thumbs_up.gif I love ya though....

I am going to go pm Vanaya right now................ icon_biggrin.gif

I am excited!!!!

Monica0271 Posted 20 Nov 2006 , 7:03pm
post #30 of 49

===KNOX===

You better go join Missy!!! icon_twisted.gificon_lol.gif

Or else icon_twisted.gificon_rolleyes.gificon_lol.gificon_lol.gificon_lol.gif

I hope to see you there!!!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%