Lines In The Sand And Rats

Lounge By Brickflor Updated 17 Sep 2007 , 4:57am by ckkerber

Brickflor Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Brickflor Posted 16 Sep 2007 , 11:47pm
post #1 of 5

I thought these were kind of funny and wondered if anyone can relate. I have a daughter who is a line-in-the-sand kind of person. For instance, I'll be mopping the floor and I'll tell her to sit on the step, not to come in. She'll touch her toe to the floor and say, 'How about right here mommy?' I say no, off the floor. She'll hover her leg over the floor, 'How about if I just do this?' No, mommy is mopping! 'I'll just do dis' and touches her finger to the very edge of the floor. Anyone else have a kid like this? I can't get mad at her, it's too funny and I have to turn my head so she won't see me laughing at her borderline disobedience icon_lol.gif

We went on a mini-vacation last week to the Great Wolf Lodge and had a blast. While we were there we watched 'Ratatoiulle' and since then hubby has been calling me and my oldest daughter 'rats who think they can cook' because we don't like to just eat plain food, we like flavors blended together. Example: pot roast is ok by itself but if you add a little gravy it
tastes better, and if you can roll it around in some mashed potatoes, Yum! world of difference! My daughter and I are like that about a lot of things, eggs, pancakes, meats, etc and now hubby has a name for it-we're rats that cook icon_lol.gif

4 replies
karennayak Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
karennayak Posted 17 Sep 2007 , 1:00am
post #2 of 5

Oh, I know how hard it is to keep a straight face!

When my daughter(now almost 17) was little, she had a little chair in her time-out corner.

I would tell her , "Say Sorry and go to your chair"

She would say, " I'll say "Sor". And she would not complete the word until hours later, her time-out is long done, and she would quietly come up to me and whisper, "Ry"

I know it was her protest at having to obey, but it was so cute looking at that little angel, trying to prove her point.

Karen

tchrmom Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
tchrmom Posted 17 Sep 2007 , 1:47am
post #3 of 5

My 4 year old son is exactly the same way. "How close to the line can I get before someone calls me on it" is his favorite game, followed closely by "does she really mean it?". He is EXACTLY like his father. If you give my son a choice between two things, he'll ask for a third--just to see what you will say. My husband (his father) has apologized to me for the DNA he passed on and to his mother for what he must have put her through on a number of occasions.

jenlg Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
jenlg Posted 17 Sep 2007 , 3:46am
post #4 of 5

These stories sound like what I went through with my daughter when she was younger (now 11). Especially when it came to trying to get her to eat need food. I miss them at that age...wish I could have more. icon_smile.gif

ckkerber Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ckkerber Posted 17 Sep 2007 , 4:57am
post #5 of 5

Cute stories!

We just went to the Great wolf Lodge in KC and had a blast! We joined my hubby on a business trip and stayed there. So much fun!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%