Finally Done!

Decorating By havingfun Updated 19 Sep 2007 , 12:48pm by mgdqueen

havingfun Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
havingfun Posted 16 Sep 2007 , 5:44pm
post #1 of 11

I wanted to say a big "thank you" to everyone at Cake Central who helped me along with my nephew's wedding cake. It turned out alright, I don't think I embarrassed myself icon_redface.gif . Most importantly, he and his new bride loved it. It was baked and decorated with love, and I did my best. It is my photos, along with the pumpkin cake we did for his rehearsal dinner. Had some issues with cracking, but by the time everyone showed up for the reception, they seemed to have settled and disappeared somewhat. The caterer was very gracious and said the only thing I should do differently, was not have so many dowels icon_lol.gif . That cake was NOT going to fall!!! Thank you again, I really do love all of you here. It is a very supportive community.

10 replies
meldancer Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
meldancer Posted 16 Sep 2007 , 5:47pm
post #2 of 11

That cake is beautiful!!! You did an awesome job!

havingfun Posted 16 Sep 2007 , 6:02pm
post #3 of 11

meldancer, thank you so much!

texasseegirl Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
texasseegirl Posted 18 Sep 2007 , 1:56pm
post #4 of 11

You did an awesome job on both cakes - congrats!

How did you do the stem on the pumpkin cake - did you mold it out of fondant and attach?

Again, great work, you should be very proud! icon_smile.gif

vonnie99 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
vonnie99 Posted 18 Sep 2007 , 3:18pm
post #5 of 11

Those cakes look great - as do the others you have posted - great job! I'm glad the bride and groom liked - they are really the only ones you had to please

havingfun Posted 19 Sep 2007 , 2:57am
post #6 of 11

texasseegirl, the stem was molded out of aluminum foil and then covered with fondant. We then used clay tools to detail and texture it. I put a cardboard round on top of the cakes (where the hole is) and set the stem on that. the stem was then molded around the curves in the cake and cut to fit them. Hope that helps!

rosita6882 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
rosita6882 Posted 19 Sep 2007 , 3:08am
post #7 of 11

Your cake turned out beautiful and you should be really proud.

havingfun Posted 19 Sep 2007 , 3:44am
post #8 of 11

I really appreciate everyone who has taken the time to look and comment on the cakes. The affirmations help a newbie keep going, and help squash all those butterflies I get in my stomach when I think about doing another cake! icon_lol.gif

rcs Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
rcs Posted 19 Sep 2007 , 3:54am
post #9 of 11

Your wedding cake was beautiful!! I really like the pumpkin cake also!! What a neat idea...I'll bet your nephew loved it! You did a wonderful job on both cakes!

havingfun Posted 19 Sep 2007 , 12:45pm
post #10 of 11

rcs, we both had a wonderful time! He was very proud of his pumpkin cake. I wish you could see some of his real pumpkins! I think the cake was a great creative outlet for his prewedding jitters.

mgdqueen Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mgdqueen Posted 19 Sep 2007 , 12:48pm
post #11 of 11

You did a really nice job!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%