Here is the recipe that I use, it's a Martha Stewart recipe but I have made changes to it.
CINNAMON PECAN STICKY BUNS
2 pkgs active dry yeast ( 1 Tablespoon plus 1 teaspoon)
1 cup plus 2 Tablespoons milk ( 110 degree milk..this temp is actually too hot. if you an stick your pinky finger into the milk and it's warm like baby bottle, then it's fine...if you use 110 degree milk you will KILL the yeast )
6 cups all purpose flour ( you can actually play with the flour, exchange 1 cup of APF with 1 cup whole wheat)
1/3 cup granulated sugar
2 teaspoons salt
4 large eggs
1 pound unsalted butter, room temp...plus some to butter the pans
3 1/3 cup pecan halves (I always use extra!)
2 1/4 cup Light Corn Syrup....( I use HONEY)
1 1/4 cup packed Dark Brown sugar ( or combo, some dark, granulated and Light brown)
½ cup plus 3 Tablespoons sour cream
1 Tablespoon cinnamon ( I sprinkle the dough VERY HEAVILY WITH CINNAMON)
1. In small bowl combine yeast and milk and let stand 10 minutes
2. In bowl of electric mixer combine flour, sugar and salt.
3. Add the yeast mix and eggs.
4. Mix on low till completely combined, about 3 min
5. Increase the speed to high and add the butter, several pieces at a time.
6. Continue mixing the dough until its smooth and shiny, 8-10 mins.
7. Transfer dough to parchment lined 13x18 baking pan and use your hands to spread the dough to fit the pan.
8. Cover pan with seran wrap and place in fridge, over night
9. Preheat oven to 315. Butter your muffin or cupcake pans.
10. Chop 2 cups of pecans in ½ lengthwise . Keep the 2 types of pecans separate
11. Pour 3 Tablespoons corn syrup or Honey into each muffin cup, add 1 Tablespoon brown sugar and 2 Tablespoons of the chopped pecans
12. Let them rise
13. Bake till done
Oh boy, I'm in trouble now--these sound wonderful. Thanks so much for sharing!
How 'bout you whip up a batch and send 'em over to me, so I can see if they're good before I decide to make them myself?
Yes Yes Yes I love cinnamon rolls.... I saw you have a pic in your photos of some others do you share that recipe too?
I'm so happy I looked at this thread!
Oh!!! I am hungry....