Ka Stand Mixer...which One/where To Buy

Decorating By Dana0323 Updated 15 Nov 2006 , 11:20pm by kjgjam22

Dana0323 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Dana0323 Posted 15 Nov 2006 , 4:32pm
post #1 of 12

Ok, I'm reallllly wanting a Kitchen Aid Stand mixer. I'll be using it for making cakes, cookies, icing, and possibly bread doughs.

Any ideas on which one I should get, and where's the best deal on one?
Also, how much can I expect to spend?

TIA!

11 replies
bulldog Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
bulldog Posted 15 Nov 2006 , 4:38pm
post #2 of 12

Hi, I just got a brand now one from Amazon. It is a 600 series 6qt with paddle, hook, and wisk for $309. Shipping was free.

lanesmom Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
lanesmom Posted 15 Nov 2006 , 4:39pm
post #3 of 12

I have been doing ALOT of browsing the internet looking for a KA the past few weeks and it seems to me that the best deals are on amazon.com. It depends on how big you are wanting and how powerful you want it to determine which one you want. Amazon.com also has a lot of factory reconditioned mixers which is what I got. I got the Accolade which is 400 watts and 5 quarts for 174.99 shipped. They have a special code that you can use to save $25 when you check out, it is NOVSAVER and there is also free shipping available. A few weeks ago someone posted on here that they had the Artisan on sale for $155.00 shipped and it was brand new, not reconditioned. It all depends on what you want and what you need so I would start doing my homework and keep your eyes open for some good bargains, especially with the holidays coming up. Hope this helps!

shelleylynn Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
shelleylynn Posted 15 Nov 2006 , 4:49pm
post #4 of 12

i just got mine this past weekend. I got a 6qt. It was at kohl's on sale for $399.99. I had a 30% off coupon, so it was $296!!! Plus a $10 dollar off coupon!! Starting from $500 to $286 is pretty good for me and DH!! You could wait until after Thanksgiving for those sales. I'm sure there will be good ones. Good Luck!!

By the way, I did alot of research for which one I wanted and found that this model is the right one for me.

Dana0323 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Dana0323 Posted 15 Nov 2006 , 4:52pm
post #5 of 12

I was looking at Kohl's too. So Shelleylynn, which one did you get?

gina1221 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
gina1221 Posted 15 Nov 2006 , 4:55pm
post #6 of 12

I just saw an add from KitchenAid on television and thought it sounds like a good deal:

"For a limited time, when you buy a KitchenAid® Artisan® Series Stand Mixer, you'll receive either the Ice Cream Maker or Pasta Maker Attachment, plus a 5-piece culinary gadget set and the Mix It Up! cookbookan over $475 value for $299 (plus tax, shipping & handling).
Offer valid through December 31, 2006."

Here's the link:

http://www.buykitchenaid.com/

I have a KA but was thinking about getting a second one so I am considering this offer since you would get so many extras but I haven't checked on the shipping and handling charges.

HTH

AngD Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
AngD Posted 15 Nov 2006 , 4:56pm
post #7 of 12

I just got one for my B-day and wow I never knew what I missing. I am so in love with it now! I got the professional series, 6 qt. Amazing!

shelleylynn Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
shelleylynn Posted 15 Nov 2006 , 4:59pm
post #8 of 12

I got the 6qt. I have not tried it yet. I can't wait!!!

finnox Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
finnox Posted 15 Nov 2006 , 5:03pm
post #9 of 12

I checked that artisan out and wow that is a GREAT price. I just got a classic one I think this past week. I love the KA it is the best thing in my kitchen.

Kiddiekakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Kiddiekakes Posted 15 Nov 2006 , 5:08pm
post #10 of 12

I have the 4.5 quart as the 6 quart is too bug to fit under my cabinets .I keep mine on the counter top since I use it several times a week.

Titansgold Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Titansgold Posted 15 Nov 2006 , 5:11pm
post #11 of 12

I've been dreaming of a mixer for quite some time now. Maybe I can leave some hints off this board for "Santa" to take some tips from. icon_biggrin.gif

kjgjam22 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kjgjam22 Posted 15 Nov 2006 , 11:20pm
post #12 of 12

i think you should get the new 600 professional series...the 6 quart mixer. its a bit expensive but worth every penny.

i have a 5 quart and its too small for certain cakes i make so now i have to do some of the work with my handy dandy hand mixer oh joy. icon_smile.gif can you hear the sarcasm.....lol

i hope to buy a new one next year.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%