Fondant ?

Decorating By dupart30 Updated 15 Sep 2007 , 9:14pm by lanibird

dupart30 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
dupart30 Posted 15 Sep 2007 , 3:53pm
post #1 of 9

I was looking at the Into the Oven website and was wondering if the fondant they sell is worth buying. does it taste good?
also, are their any other places online to buy good fondant?

8 replies
UGoCakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
UGoCakes Posted 15 Sep 2007 , 4:12pm
post #2 of 9

I am new to fondant and just started with Satin Ice, the brand they sell. It taste good IMO. And is easy to work with, I will probably stick with that brand for a while, I really like it.

I would recommend it!

Barbend Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Barbend Posted 15 Sep 2007 , 4:18pm
post #3 of 9

Satin ice is all I use!! The chocolate is especially good.

EmmyD Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
EmmyD Posted 15 Sep 2007 , 4:28pm
post #4 of 9

I LOVE Into The Oven. The prices there are pretty good and shipping isnt bad. I just got my first 20lb tub delivered from there yesterday. Satin Ice is great for cakes.

kwdonlon Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kwdonlon Posted 15 Sep 2007 , 4:29pm
post #5 of 9

I agree with the others...for premade fondant, Satin Ice tastes really good and I love the way it can be rolled out so thin.

lanibird Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
lanibird Posted 15 Sep 2007 , 4:32pm
post #6 of 9

There are several other places to buy fondant, however Into The Oven has the best prices; often whole dollars cheaper than other places.

Satin Ice a good fondant to buy. I've currently only used the black, but even that tasted better than Wilton! icon_lol.gificon_lol.gif

ExtraEvents Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ExtraEvents Posted 15 Sep 2007 , 4:47pm
post #7 of 9

Well, I have tasted the Wilton Fondant (YUCK!) and also the satin ice (Slightly less yuck, but still... YUCK!) I would defffinately recommend making the marshmellow fondant if you have the time. It works out to be cheaper than buying the box kind (it's just marshmellows and sugar), and although it looks scarry as you are making it, once you work it for just a second, it's great! AND, it tastes delicious!!!!! I just made some last night, and I thought I had ruined it until I took it out of the pan and just brushed it with a little crisco, and mushed it around a little. I even ended up mixing it with some of the Wilton fondant (just to cover a board) and it mixed in with it perfectly! You can get the recipe right here on cake central. I would post a link, but I'm still new at this, so I'm not sure how! LoL... But just put MMF into the search, and it should pop up.

dupart30 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
dupart30 Posted 15 Sep 2007 , 7:53pm
post #8 of 9

so is Into the oven where you guys buy your sating ice? I think I am just going to get some an try it

lanibird Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
lanibird Posted 15 Sep 2007 , 9:14pm
post #9 of 9

Yes, that is where I get mine.

Have fun experimenting! icon_biggrin.gif

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%