Two Bite Brownies??

Business By amberlicious Updated 20 Nov 2006 , 2:06am by OhMyGoodies

amberlicious Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
amberlicious Posted 15 Nov 2006 , 9:21am
post #1 of 7

I make these brownies called tuxedo brownie cups (pampered chef recipe) which are basically brownies baked in mini muffin pan. I experimented last weekend with making several other of my 'gourmet brownies' in mini muffin pans and was really happy with the results. I've been doing lots of work for a caterer and it's so much easier to pop brownies out of mini muffin pans and have them all be uniform sized. Anyway- do you think that could be a 'niche' that I could fill or a 'hook'. "Two bite desserts"? Or does that sound cheesy?

Amber (serial posting)

6 replies
playingwithsugar Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
playingwithsugar Posted 15 Nov 2006 , 11:02am
post #2 of 7

What I can tell you, from experience, is that miniature and plated desserts were a growing industry. It seems that the economy is such now that they still are popular, but many restaurants near me are switching back a large variety of slab cakes. Many of the mass-manufacturers are already baking mini brownies and muffins, and selling them in boxed mass quantities. A hotel I recently stayed at was serving them as part of their morning continental breakfast.

Where you live there would probably be a bigger market for such a product, so I would suggest you try it and see what happens.

Theresa icon_smile.gif

barbaranoel Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
barbaranoel Posted 15 Nov 2006 , 11:28am
post #3 of 7

FYI - Kroger already sells a "two bite brownie" in their Private Selection brand.

golfgirl1227 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
golfgirl1227 Posted 16 Nov 2006 , 3:12am
post #4 of 7

They sell two bite brownies at Whole Foods too, so I'm guessing you could still use the phrase (but you can always check with the patent and trademark office to make sure).

crazydaisy Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
crazydaisy Posted 20 Nov 2006 , 1:54am
post #5 of 7

Sam's Club also has two bite brownies...so just think of a name that is cuter than that. How about "Bitty Brownies" or "Chocolate Teasers" Just throwing it out there...let me drink another glass of wine and I might think of something else icon_biggrin.gif

crazydaisy Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
crazydaisy Posted 20 Nov 2006 , 1:55am
post #6 of 7

Sam's Club also has two bite brownies...so just think of a name that is cuter than that. How about "Bitty Brownies" or "Chocolate Teasers" Just throwing it out there...let me drink another glass of wine and I might think of something else icon_biggrin.gif

OhMyGoodies Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
OhMyGoodies Posted 20 Nov 2006 , 2:06am
post #7 of 7

I use the phrase Brownie Teasers or Double Chocolate Teasers depending on which type of brownies I make. I make them in the mini muffin pan and also use mini muffin/cupcake liners so hands do get all messy when the chocolate chunks melt lol. People love them and they are a huge hit! Except when you normally eat just one or two brownies before serving to everyone else... you'll eat maybe 5-10 of these lmao. The kids love them because they are so small and kiddie sized and parents love them because they are a huge brownie or huge piece of cake with all that sugar that's going to get them hyper lol. icon_wink.gif

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%