Rosebud Help

Decorating By Vnettie Updated 15 Sep 2007 , 3:04pm by DecoratorJen

Vnettie Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Vnettie Posted 14 Sep 2007 , 9:03pm
post #1 of 4

Please help...I'm having trouble with the Wilton Rosebud. The second petal doesn't catch. Any tips or instructions for other Rosebuds?

3 replies
Daisys_Cakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Daisys_Cakes Posted 15 Sep 2007 , 12:26am
post #2 of 4

Welcome to CC Vnettie! What do you mean by it doesn't catch? The only thing I can think of is that the icing is too dry and does not want to stick but I am really not sure what you mean. Any way here is a bump for you!

Deborah

Lorendabug Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Lorendabug Posted 15 Sep 2007 , 12:45am
post #3 of 4

I had the hardest time making the Wilton rosebuds too. I think I have since figured them out. After I make my the first petal, I start to pipe the second petal on the edge of the first and it just starts to fold over on itself. One night I sat for an hour just making rosebuds, my husband thought I was nuts. But, I was not going to give up until I did it! Just keep practicing, try different frosting consistencies, and don't give up!

DecoratorJen Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
DecoratorJen Posted 15 Sep 2007 , 3:04pm
post #4 of 4

The first petal should have an edge that the second petal will touch and grab on to. When piping the second petal you just squeeze and let the icing do all the work. The icing curls all by itself. You don't have to move the bag or anything.
http://www.wilton.com/decorating/basic/rosebud.cfm

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%