Can Someone Help Me....

Decorating By fmcmulle Updated 15 Sep 2007 , 5:02am by pastrygirl33

fmcmulle Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
fmcmulle Posted 14 Sep 2007 , 5:29pm
post #1 of 8

I have a lady that wants a wedding cake that is a Colette Peters cake and it has a lot of flowers so I have no idea what to charge for these flowers. I am not big on making these but I am going to try this weekend. If all else fails if I am not good at flower making I live near a cake shop that has them in stock so I can always run over there. SO I am hoping all my wise CC family can give me their input on what to charge for these gumpaste flowers. Its not letting me upload the picture but for those who has the Colettes wedding cake book its the one on page 32..
TIA
Faye

7 replies
Melvira Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Melvira Posted 14 Sep 2007 , 5:37pm
post #2 of 8

If you choose to purchase the gumpaste flowers, which may be the best bet if you aren't up to making them, you would need to charge what it cost you to buy them plus an additional fee for going to get them, etc. In other words, if you spent $30 on the flowers, I would not be afraid to charge $50 in total for your time and effort to go get them and decorate the cake with them! HTH!

kjgjam22 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kjgjam22 Posted 14 Sep 2007 , 5:49pm
post #3 of 8

i agree with Melvira. if you make them also maybe you could charge what you would have bought them for.

fmcmulle Posted 14 Sep 2007 , 5:50pm
post #4 of 8

Thanks Melvira,
I think I will. There are so many of them it will come to probably $200. I meet with her Monday night to go over everything. icon_biggrin.gif
Thanks again
Faye

Melvira Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Melvira Posted 14 Sep 2007 , 5:58pm
post #5 of 8
Quote:
Originally Posted by kjgjam22

i agree with Melvira. if you make them also maybe you could charge what you would have bought them for.

Excellent idea to use their prices as a guide if you DO feel like you want to make them! That at least gives you a starting place! Good luck, and I'm not shocked that you're talking like $200 for gumpaste flowers... they are NOT cheap, for obvious reasons! But man, do they look really gorgeous! Sometimes they are even prettier than real flowers!

tana Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
tana Posted 14 Sep 2007 , 5:59pm
post #6 of 8

Good luck w/your cake!! icon_cool.gif

fmcmulle Posted 14 Sep 2007 , 6:02pm
post #7 of 8

Thank you everyone!
I am going to give it a shot this weekend if I fell then it will just give another reason to go back to my cake store!
Faye

pastrygirl33 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
pastrygirl33 Posted 15 Sep 2007 , 5:02am
post #8 of 8

uhm, Usually you are supposed to charge doule to make anything out of it.Why would you absorb the rest? If it costs you 30$ to purchase them charge 60$ just for the flowers then add your time and effort. Hey you gotta make a living and your customers usually don't know how much time and effort goes into making a beautiful cake.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%