Introduction Game

Lounge By bransmom Updated 15 Nov 2006 , 1:16pm by Pootchi

bransmom Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
bransmom Posted 14 Nov 2006 , 3:52pm
post #1 of 13

I don't know if anything like this has went around yet, but I thought it would be fun a little get to know you.

My name is Becky and I live in Smyrna, TN. I am married and have a 16 year old step-son who we have custody of and I have a 15 year old son that I share joint custody with my ex-husband. We have two dogs, Angel & Archie. I am an Office Manager for a packaging company and sell Avon and make cakes in my spare time. My husband owns a fencing company and watches football on the weekends. My son plays tenors (drums) in the marching band and my step-son plays football and baseball for the school. So, as you can see, we are constantly on the go
I just thought it would be interesting to tell a little about each other.

12 replies
dolfin Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
dolfin Posted 14 Nov 2006 , 5:18pm
post #2 of 13

Well hello Becky from TN I am norma from mecca,california. I am a fat old lady with a fat old honey. Together we have 4 kids, 3 boys and a girl, 3 grand children (2 girls and a boy). Our children range in age from 26-34 and the grandchildren 12-5. We have been together for 15 years,we are both Scorpios so we get along well cause we tend to think the same. We live in a 4 bedroom home (or Noah's Ark as my sister calls it) that is bursting at the seams with 2 of our children and our 3grandchildren. In order to have some privacy my honey and I have taken up residence in a tent in our back yard. WE LOVE IT! We put carpet, our queen sized bed, TV,his chair, lights, phone and the best thing is at night when weather permits we remove the rain fly and sleep under the stars. We sleep inside when we have to but prefer outside. My honey works at the Indian Reservation and I stay home and homeschool my grandson. We hike alot in the desert with our grandchildren and nephews and nieces, camp, cook and watch football every sunday. My husband is a Rabid Raider fan, I like Miami Dolphins. It broke my honeys heart when our grandson at 3 years old declared the Bronco's were his team. Other than being online I crochet,sew,cook,eat,and read. Thanks for starting this thread it is always nice to know the person beyond the screen. Norma

mbelgard Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mbelgard Posted 14 Nov 2006 , 6:11pm
post #3 of 13

My name is Mary and I live in North Dakota, in the Turtle Mountains. I have 3 children, I'm married to the oldest and the little ones are 8 and almost 4, we have 3 cats. My husband is a mechanic and I stay home with the kids. My oldest is in second grade and I refuse to send my youngest to preschool since the only ones they have are 4 days a week 9-2:30.
I'm an Army brat, the third child out of seven. I once figured it out that my parents had a child for every year they lived together during the first 12 years of their marriage icon_twisted.gif .

bransmom Posted 15 Nov 2006 , 1:01am
post #4 of 13

It is a pleasure to meet you both. I thought this would be an interesting thread because we always talk about cakes and need help so I figured that we kind of needed to get to know each other. CC feels like one big family to me, someone is always there to help no matter what it is. I love this place, it is how I unwind.

Ezmerelda Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Ezmerelda Posted 15 Nov 2006 , 1:47am
post #5 of 13

What a friendly bunch!

I'm Emma, 23 and living in Scotland, but I'm English (from Liverpool infact). I've just graduated from uni for the first time, with an honours in Anatomy, and I'm going back to train as a secondary school science teacher in September. I've baked since I was 13 and couldn't afford to feed my cake habit on my pocket money, and it was so much cheaper to make them myself! I now make lots of things for family and friends, but honestly don't think I'll go into it professionally. I live with my partner of 6 years, and he is also a uni graduate, and only 12 days older than me icon_smile.gif

I want a cat very badly, and I love heavy metal icon_twisted.gif

Monica0271 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Monica0271 Posted 15 Nov 2006 , 2:58am
post #6 of 13

My Name is Monica. I am 35 years old. I am not married & have no children. I have a cat that I have had for 10 years. He is my baby & I love him to death. I love to read cook books as they were a book. I have a huge collection of them.

Besides doing cakes I am a bookkeeper. I also work at my church part time in the nursery. I love the babies.

mkolmar Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mkolmar Posted 15 Nov 2006 , 3:10am
post #7 of 13

I'm Melissa and I'm 28 I have been married for 9 1/2 years (together for 13 years) to my high school sweetheart named Jon. We have 4 kids that are ages 6,4,3 and 1. I'm currently in culinary arts school and started up a very small business using my church kitchen (I'm lisenced) to help pay for tuiton. I'm a former marine as well as my DH and I was really stupid and didn't pay into the G.I Bill icon_cry.gificon_cry.gif so much for makin the marines a career, I choose cake!!!!!

dolfin Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
dolfin Posted 15 Nov 2006 , 4:35am
post #8 of 13

we are a diverse bunch from everywhere!

butterflyjuju Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
butterflyjuju Posted 15 Nov 2006 , 4:47am
post #9 of 13

I'm JuLinda. I'm from Oklahoma. I'm 26 and been married to Jeremy for 6 yrs. We have two children. Sean age 4 and Jazmyne age 2. My husband is a forklift driver in a freezer/cooler warehouse. I'm a stay at home mom. I homeschool our youngest. I also like to cook, sew and read. I do cakes mostly as a hobby because I can't afford to get licensed.

czyadgrl Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
czyadgrl Posted 15 Nov 2006 , 5:14am
post #10 of 13

Hi everyone!
I'm Kate, from Michigan. Married 6 years. My animals are our house-mates, one cat and one well-mannered hound dog who doesn't realize he can easily reach the goodies on the counter - thank goodness! I work at an ad agency and feed them lots of cake lately while trying to learn better cake decorating.

Other than cakes and obsessively taking cake classes, I like to do yoga (the HOT ones!), read regular books and cookbooks, garden, and sporatically work out.

bransmom Posted 15 Nov 2006 , 12:31pm
post #11 of 13

This is so much fun. It is nice to put some info with a name. Thanks everyone for participating and sharing your information.

Momof4luvscakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Momof4luvscakes Posted 15 Nov 2006 , 1:07pm
post #12 of 13

I'm Stefanie. I have a stepdaughter who is 24, daughters who are 10, 9, 5, and 9 months, and a grandson who is 3. I stay at home but am a Dental Hygienist. I fill in every now and then to keep my skills up. I have been making cakes for about 10 years off and on. I have been married to my DH for 16 years, he is a jeweler in his own jewelry store. I stay out as much as possible. My girls play softball, and do cheerleading. I love to bake, knit, and lots of other crafty projects.

Pootchi Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Pootchi Posted 15 Nov 2006 , 1:16pm
post #13 of 13

I'm Lorris, age 32. I'm from the North of Quebec, Canada. I've been married for 9½ years (been together for 13 years) We have 3 kids ages 12-11-8 and a Maltese dog age 8. I'm French-Canadian, I've learn English in school, fell in love with the language. So I started to watch The Wonder Years and the wheel of fortune to learn more. Since then, I've been watching more American shows than anything else! I was probably an American in another life!!

I was a sahm for a lot of years. Tried to get on the work force but found out it wasn't for me. My friends pushed me into the cake decorating business. I was baking for them for a few years, and they told me I should look into that. After a year of telling me so, I finally got my courage and looked into starting my own business. So now I have my homebased business, I'm still available for my family, I do what I love to do and I'm happy!!!!

I'm self taught because there's no classes available around here (the closest is 6 hours away) But I've learned so much from in here, it's amazing!! I learn new things everyday!!!!

I love this thread!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%