Fancy Frosting On Cupcakes

Decorating By LisaMaeCakes Updated 14 Nov 2006 , 1:11pm by springlakecake

LisaMaeCakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
LisaMaeCakes Posted 14 Nov 2006 , 2:58am
post #1 of 7

Does anyone know how/what tip, etc. is used to get that beautiful mounded frosting swirl? The pics that I've seen looks like an overkill in frosting, but looks so pretty. Maybe some type of star tip? TIA

Lisa

6 replies
lauramw71 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
lauramw71 Posted 14 Nov 2006 , 3:03am
post #2 of 7

I think it was a 3M? Im not sure... Im having a brain freeze darn it lol

Feefs Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Feefs Posted 14 Nov 2006 , 3:04am
post #3 of 7

from what I've seen, think it's the 1M tip (star)... but I could be wrong icon_biggrin.gif

OhMyGoodies Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
OhMyGoodies Posted 14 Nov 2006 , 3:09am
post #4 of 7

I use tip 32 or tip 21. The are rather large and pipe out a lot of icing at once and make the stary ridges on the edge of the "tube" of icing you've piped. I have some cupcakes I did in tip # 21 in my photos section. They are a little hard to see because they are butter cream dyed brown but a few are white. icon_smile.gif Hope this helps icon_smile.gif

boonenati Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
boonenati Posted 14 Nov 2006 , 3:09am
post #5 of 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by LisaMae

Does anyone know how/what tip, etc. is used to get that beautiful mounded frosting swirl? The pics that I've seen looks like an overkill in frosting, but looks so pretty. Maybe some type of star tip? TIA

Lisa

Lisa
It is a lot of frosting, but when you make the muffin sized cupcakes, you'd be suprised, i find people always eat it, (of course when i use french or italian meringue buttercream)
I bought a plastic tip from a catering supplies store, which is about 3 times bigger than the Wilton 3d tip. I have posted a picture in the forums, i will look for it, and send you a link to it.
cheers
Nati

cakesondemand Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cakesondemand Posted 14 Nov 2006 , 4:46am
post #6 of 7

I use 1M on my cupcakes

springlakecake Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
springlakecake Posted 14 Nov 2006 , 1:11pm
post #7 of 7

I also use 1M. I have a couple of photos in my gallery using that tip if you want to see if that is what you are looking for.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%