I Need Ideas For Using Caramel Filling, Please.

Baking By kathik Updated 15 Nov 2006 , 2:11am by dldbrou

kathik Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kathik Posted 14 Nov 2006 , 1:18am
post #1 of 10

I bought 2 containers of caramel filling, and wow, is it rich!!! I really didn't have any specific ideas for using it, although I thought I would be able to use it in molded candies. I think it is a little too soft for that, although I'm not sure. Anyway, I'd love some recipes to use this stuff.

Thanks,
Kathi

9 replies
angels4ever Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
angels4ever Posted 14 Nov 2006 , 2:08am
post #2 of 10

Sorry no recipes here but can you please tell me where you bought caramel filling.

Thanks

cakedeco Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cakedeco Posted 14 Nov 2006 , 2:13am
post #3 of 10

Where did you buy caramel filling. I have to make my own and that would be easier. I use it with pecans as my filling in cakes. Where I live it is in demand.

surfergina Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
surfergina Posted 14 Nov 2006 , 2:18am
post #4 of 10

I'm also from NC - I saw a few of those at Harris Teeter and Lowes' grocery stores few days ago. It's at the sugar/flour/cake/chocolate section. The price is $2.99 each. You can get it cheaper by buying a bag of caramel square at candy aisle and melt it in the microwave.

kathik Posted 14 Nov 2006 , 2:40am
post #5 of 10

Actually, I bought mine through a specialty store because I needed parve caramel filling. But like I said, it's much sweeter than I anticipated.

Cakedeco what kind of cake do you use it with? What kind of frosting?

Thanks,
Kathi

cakedeco Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cakedeco Posted 14 Nov 2006 , 2:50am
post #6 of 10

Normally it is yellow cake with Buttercream icing, but sometimes they want chocolate cake with chocolate buttercream icing.

What specialty store did you buy it from.

elvis Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
elvis Posted 14 Nov 2006 , 2:52am
post #7 of 10

i like to make chocolate turtle cake--i've seen different variations but with mine, i just make chocolate cake layers and then for the filling, do a thin layer of chocoate buttercream drizzled or spread with caramel, then drizzled with melted chocolate and chopped pecans. I do this on top also. thumbs_up.gif

boonenati Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
boonenati Posted 14 Nov 2006 , 2:55am
post #8 of 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by kathik

I bought 2 containers of caramel filling, and wow, is it rich!!! I really didn't have any specific ideas for using it, although I thought I would be able to use it in molded candies. I think it is a little too soft for that, although I'm not sure. Anyway, I'd love some recipes to use this stuff.

Thanks,
Kathi

Iknow that this is dairy free, but is it similar to "dulce de leche"??
I use that to fill a yellow cake with fresh whipped cream, and peaches, and a light syrup. It's yummy, i would guess you have a dairy free whipped cream substiture, yeah?
Nati

kathik Posted 14 Nov 2006 , 3:08am
post #9 of 10

I bought it from The Peppermill, a kosher store in NY. This is their website, although, you have to request this item. http://www.thepeppermillinc.com/

This will teach me. They sent me a list of available parve ingredients and I was so intrigues, I had to buy it!

Nati, I'm not familar with dulce de leche, but yes, I do have parve whipped cream.

I wonder if I can add it to something to make truffles?

Thanks,
Kathi

dldbrou Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
dldbrou Posted 15 Nov 2006 , 2:11am
post #10 of 10

I add chocolate to my carmel. I use it for filling in quite a few different types of cake. It comes out almost like a fudge carmel.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%