Pitiful Story Of Wedding 50 Years Ago

Decorating By LisaMaeCakes Updated 1 Dec 2006 , 1:41am by superstar

jjbrink Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
jjbrink Posted 14 Nov 2006 , 3:29pm
post #61 of 70

that is such a sweet and gernerous thing you did. it brought tears to my eyes just from reading it icon_cry.gif seriously. i could only imagine the suprise of the husband and wife when they seen this beautiful cake you made for them. great job!!

goal4me Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
goal4me Posted 14 Nov 2006 , 3:48pm
post #62 of 70

That is awesome and they must have enjoyed it more than ever considering the story!

mbalis Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mbalis Posted 14 Nov 2006 , 4:00pm
post #63 of 70

I agree...the beauty of the cake matches your heart! What a wonderful thing you did.

mocakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mocakes Posted 14 Nov 2006 , 4:02pm
post #64 of 70

So touching....It's is so refreshing to know there are good and decent people still out there!

Hearing several others say "good karma"... and "what goes around, comes around" made me think of what happened to my BIL about 3 weeks ago:

My BIL was on his home for lunch one day and it was raining so hard. He passed a bus stop and noticed a younger lady huddled up with her coat wrapped up around something. He turned around and went back to the lady and realized she was trying to shield her 2 week old baby from the rain while waiting for the bus. Matt grabbed his big expensive golf umbrella and told the young mom to keep it. She teared up and thanked him profusely.

One week after that incident, I met with my sister and her 3 year old girl to have coffee....again, raining that day. We were standing under the overhang talking, trying to stay dry when an older lady (cute little grandma type) walked up to my niece and handed her an adorable brand new Cinderella umbrella. She said she bought it for her granddaughter but found out she already had one just like it....so she told herself she would find a sweet little girl to give it to. My sister was so appreciative and touched and thanked her so much for her generosity. The lady went inside the coffee shop and I guess that's when it hit my sister....the umbrella had come back to her!!! Her husband gave away his to a stranger as an act of kindness....and the very thing came back to her and her daughter!!!! She hurried in to tell the lady just how much that gift of the umbrella meant to her and the story behind it....and both the lady and my sister had to wipe away a few tears.

Talk about goosebumps!

LisaMae....thanks for giving us all something to aspire to. Thanks for encouraging and challenging us to be better and kinder. I, for one, will tuck your story away and remember kindness is a gift just like the umbrella and the cake....it's meant to be shared.

chaniliz Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
chaniliz Posted 14 Nov 2006 , 4:40pm
post #65 of 70

Thank you for sharing that beautiful story with us and ur tip for the scrolls. Ur cake is amazing and ur heart is in the right place. May GOD bless your kindness and serves as an example to all of us. Random acts of kindness it's what this world needs.
Liz

Melvira Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Melvira Posted 14 Nov 2006 , 4:52pm
post #66 of 70

Hey, mocakes... that is a lovely story! Thank you for sharing that. It's lovely when people take care of each other like we should!! icon_biggrin.gif

ShirleyW Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ShirleyW Posted 14 Nov 2006 , 5:55pm
post #67 of 70

This is such a beautiful cake, really lovely. And the gift from you will never be forgotten, you are a nice person. I think you just earned your angel wings.

heather2780 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
heather2780 Posted 14 Nov 2006 , 6:10pm
post #68 of 70

that was so nice of you and that cake looks incrediable i teared up myslef.

cakesbyamym Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cakesbyamym Posted 14 Nov 2006 , 11:33pm
post #69 of 70

God bless you on your act of kindness. If we had more caring and generosity towards one another without thinking about what's in it for us, we'd all be much, much better off. Absolutely gorgeous cake!!! Again, bless you!!!

Amy

superstar Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
superstar Posted 1 Dec 2006 , 1:41am
post #70 of 70

Kindness is a precious gift to give. You must be a lovely person. Bless You.
June

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%