Chocolate Bettercreme?

Decorating By scarlett873 Updated 29 Jul 2005 , 3:18pm by colocak

scarlett873 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
scarlett873 Posted 26 Jul 2005 , 3:13pm
post #1 of 7

I have a question...

I have found a place that sells Rich's Bettercreme by the quart, but they only sell vanilla. Is there a way I can turn it into chocolate from the vanilla?

6 replies
peacockplace Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
peacockplace Posted 26 Jul 2005 , 6:35pm
post #2 of 7

I just add melted chocolate to my icing to make it choc. BC. I know some people add ganache to their BC to make it chocolate.

briansbaker Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
briansbaker Posted 26 Jul 2005 , 6:43pm
post #3 of 7

Adding melted ingredients won't make the BC runny? I added cocoa powder, tasted to dry and was not dark at all... need to find new method..

peacockplace Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
peacockplace Posted 26 Jul 2005 , 6:54pm
post #4 of 7

It has never made mine runny. I mix in my KA and and it whips up great. If you wait too long, it can get stiff because of the chocolate hardening up. As a side note, if you put it in the fridge, it tastes like fudge. i had some leftover so I threw it in the fridge. Yummy. We ate it with a spoon!

there's a post on here somewhere about making Dawn's BC chocolate. She uses ganache. I think it lists measurements. I just do mine to taste.

traci Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
traci Posted 27 Jul 2005 , 3:39am
post #5 of 7

I have wanted to try the melted chocolate to mine...but have not yet. I have always used cocoa...however...I have added brown icing color before and it gave it a beautiful brown color! Just a tip in case all you have is cocoa! icon_smile.gif
traci

scarlett873 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
scarlett873 Posted 27 Jul 2005 , 2:11pm
post #6 of 7

Thank you all for the suggestions! I actually tried using Hershey's chocolate syrup and it worked! It doesn't have the lovely chocolatey brown color, but I really like the flavor! I may try to add a little brown icing color to it...

colocak Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
colocak Posted 29 Jul 2005 , 3:18pm
post #7 of 7

I use Ghiardelli's (sp) ground chocolate powder and add a little bit of Karo syrup to help keep the consistency I want.....people love seeing the ground chocolate in the frosting

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%