Wilton Course Ii Cake

Decorating By Candes Updated 13 Sep 2007 , 6:38pm by missmeg

Candes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Candes Posted 13 Sep 2007 , 4:58pm
post #1 of 4

I just started my second class and I really want to get artistic w/ my final cake.

Do any of you have pictures of your cake if you took the course? I need some inspiration. I have an idea of what I want to do but would love to see what anyone else has done.

My teacher seems to be a stickler about the colors but there are sooo many shades of yellows, pink and violets. icon_lol.gif

Also, can you paint on the royal icing flowers? The pansy just ain't doing it for me (violet and yellow).

3 replies
pidge Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
pidge Posted 13 Sep 2007 , 5:15pm
post #2 of 4

There was a wilton 2 cake I saw that looked like an open basket with the flowers coming out of it ... very cute -- but I can't find the pic anywhere. They used cardboard for the lid and piped buttercream on it.
YES pansies can be painted with the food coloring. In my pics there is a wedding cake I made with multicolored pansies ... LOVED the pansies hated the cake. I put in different colors and mushed it around a bit and then piped and painted and covered in luster dust ... very cool, if I do say so myself icon_wink.gificon_biggrin.gif

momg9 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
momg9 Posted 13 Sep 2007 , 5:19pm
post #3 of 4

I had a student once who did all her flowers in fall colors. Deep red (looked kind of purpley. I'm not sure how she acheived the color) burnt orange,golden yellow and did the basketweave in a light to medium brown. It was beautiful.

missmeg Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
missmeg Posted 13 Sep 2007 , 6:38pm
post #4 of 4

There are so many color variations of pansies; no need to limit yourself on just the purple/yellow variety: http://www.flowers.vg/flowers/pansy001.htm

Also, the cover cake on Wilton's 1997 Yearbook has a really cool pansey-covered cake: http://cgi.ebay.com/Wilton-Cake-Decorating-1997-Yearbook-1996_W0QQitemZ180123895185QQihZ008QQcategoryZ378QQrdZ1QQssPageNameZWD1VQQcmdZViewItem. As soon as I learn how to do pansies I want to do this cake icon_smile.gif.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%