Cake For Menopause Party! Any Ideas?

Decorating By SwampWitch Updated 13 Nov 2006 , 12:10am by darcat

SwampWitch Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
SwampWitch Posted 12 Nov 2006 , 7:53pm
post #1 of 5

A friend wants to have a party celebrating this new phase of her life. I spoke before thinking and offered to make a cake for the party. The cake can be funny, but needs to be in good taste; I don't know who will be attending but it won't be just women.

I thought maybe something "classic," perhaps with flowers... but I don't know how to make flowers!

Any suggestions are appreciated.

Cheers, from
SwampWitch

4 replies
shortNsweet Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
shortNsweet Posted 12 Nov 2006 , 8:01pm
post #2 of 5

LOL...that's a FIRST!...Someone WANTING to celebrate MENOPAUSE??...If I were doing it for MYSELF, and I have a SICK sense of humor, I'd have a thermometer with rising mercury showing "hot flashes" and a bone with a crack in it to show osteoporosis, and a swing with the word "MOOD" on it!...but I guess that would be tacky to make for someone ELSE...lol

Doug Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Doug Posted 12 Nov 2006 , 8:26pm
post #3 of 5

first thought: a thermostat!!!.... with a big "touch this and DIE" sign on it.

set it for 55 degrees or lower

-------

cake w/ FBCT of woman in front of fan cooling off.

----------

FBCT: husband in winter jacket, muffs, scraf, etc. -- wife in summer dress. Caption: she's having her own personal summer

---------

menopause:

male: HOT red car

female: Hot flashes

NO FAIR!

SwampWitch Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
SwampWitch Posted 13 Nov 2006 , 12:01am
post #4 of 5

Thanks for the suggestions. I particularly like the "mood swing" and "personal summer" ideas! Definitely will put something about temperature.

Quote:
Originally Posted by shortNsweet

LOL...that's a FIRST!...

No wonder my search turned up absolutely nothing!

Cheers, from
SwampWitch

darcat Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
darcat Posted 13 Nov 2006 , 12:10am
post #5 of 5

shortnsweet you have me cracking up It's exactly how i've been feeling for the last 6 months icon_lol.gif thank the man above for hormone replacement treatment maybe a couple of pills on the cake too lol If the cake were for me I would say to heck with tasteful I want funny but thats just me

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%