Captain Underpants - Please Comment...

Decorating By JaneK Updated 12 Nov 2006 , 10:24pm by o0lilnikki0o

JaneK Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
JaneK Posted 12 Nov 2006 , 7:30pm
post #1 of 14

I am making a Captain Underpants cake for my friend's little boy...never heard of him before this...looked on the web and there were pics etc...so I based my model on that..
I need people who know Capt Underpants to tell me if he looks like him...I am going to make him again..this is the prototype...don't look to closely.. icon_redface.gif I tried to make him look cartoonish....

http://www.cakecentral.com/modules.php?name=coppermine&file=displayimage&meta=allby&uname=JaneK&cat=0&pos=0

I can take criticism well so don't worry about offending me.. icon_lol.gif

13 replies
hellie0h Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
hellie0h Posted 12 Nov 2006 , 7:40pm
post #2 of 14

I have never heard of Captain Underpants, lol but I had to google to see for myself. Said he was the perfect companion to George and Harold?? Anyhow, I looked at the image of Capt. Underpants and the prototype that you made and in my opinion, you have done an excellent job of modeling the character. Hope you post your finished cake.
Helen

lilmisscantbewrg Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
lilmisscantbewrg Posted 12 Nov 2006 , 7:45pm
post #3 of 14

I'm not Captian Underpants -haha-"Capt Underpants -please comment", but I think you did a great job!!

Amy

duncansmom Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
duncansmom Posted 12 Nov 2006 , 7:48pm
post #4 of 14

I have never heard of Captain Underpants. However, when my soon to be eight year old son seen what I was looking at on the computer he ran right over and told me all about him. He thinks you did a great job! Hope this helps.

JaneK Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
JaneK Posted 12 Nov 2006 , 7:50pm
post #5 of 14

thanks for your very kind comments...now that I have confirmation that he actually looks like he is supposed to, I will start on the model destined for the cake!!
I am happy a child saw it...they are the best critics!!!

shortNsweet Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
shortNsweet Posted 12 Nov 2006 , 7:55pm
post #6 of 14

Well, my daughter just walked by the computer and said" Hey! It's Captian Underpants!!"...so I guess you did a good job!

justduit Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
justduit Posted 12 Nov 2006 , 7:57pm
post #7 of 14

My children (8yo and 6yo), who love captain underpants said that it looks great!

Mark

snowboarder Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
snowboarder Posted 12 Nov 2006 , 9:43pm
post #8 of 14

I LOVE Captain Underpants!

Your prototype came out fantastic. The only change I would make is to his mouth- I'd give him some teeth because when Captain Underpants smiles, he's all teeth. Other than that- great job!

aboelkens Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
aboelkens Posted 12 Nov 2006 , 9:50pm
post #9 of 14

My son who loves Captain Underpants knew who it was before I could even ask! You have a winner !

Junecakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Junecakes Posted 12 Nov 2006 , 9:50pm
post #10 of 14

I love him! My son and I love reading Captain Underpants at night...thank goodness they didn't ask you to do Booger Boy as well! Great job!

olana11 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
olana11 Posted 12 Nov 2006 , 9:55pm
post #11 of 14

My kids used to be obsessed with CU and I think it looks very much like him! Great job!!!

ge978 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ge978 Posted 12 Nov 2006 , 9:56pm
post #12 of 14

Great job on him!!!

By the way...it may be obvious, but could you tell me whats in your avatar? Its been bugging me for days...is it socks ...is it cake?

nefgaby Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
nefgaby Posted 12 Nov 2006 , 10:17pm
post #13 of 14

Great job, the only thing I would change is the mouth, like snowboarder said and maybe his head, a little more like a cone? It really looks great and you can really tell is CU... HTH

o0lilnikki0o Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
o0lilnikki0o Posted 12 Nov 2006 , 10:24pm
post #14 of 14

i think its very nice the way it is, but if u want somethings , i would change the mouth, wouldnt be to hard! and poke lil holes in his ears!

i always loved little kids books, and i see captain underpants at the store and i always want to buy it just to be a kid again icon_smile.gif

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%