She Said She Loved Me Lol

Decorating By Lazy_Susan Updated 13 Nov 2006 , 6:53pm by Jopalis

Lazy_Susan Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Lazy_Susan Posted 12 Nov 2006 , 5:42pm
post #1 of 10

Hi y'all!!
My customer just came and picked up the Birthday Cake I made for her daughter. I've become her personal cake decorator (I've made so many cakes for her) LOL

Anyway, today when she came to pick up her cake she absolutely loved it! icon_smile.gif Especially what I did with the letters. I guess she loved it so much that as she was running out the door with it she said "Love ya! See ya soon." LOL I thought that was pretty cool. Not too often do I get customers telling me they love me icon_redface.gif

Just thought I'd share...
Lazy_Susan

9 replies
starrchaser Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
starrchaser Posted 12 Nov 2006 , 5:47pm
post #2 of 10

LOL thats sweet. You sound like you have a good buisness friendship. It makes all that hard work worth it when you get a customer like that! icon_biggrin.gif

JaneK Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
JaneK Posted 12 Nov 2006 , 5:51pm
post #3 of 10

that's really nice...it is so satisfying to have someone who really appreciates what you do in both a personal and professional way!!
thumbs_up.gif

Pootchi Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Pootchi Posted 12 Nov 2006 , 6:58pm
post #4 of 10

Cool! that's fun when someone sends you love!!!

lonestarstamper Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
lonestarstamper Posted 12 Nov 2006 , 8:31pm
post #5 of 10

How cool for you! Your cake is lovely too. I have a question though. How did you do your RI letters? I just tried this for a football cake I made and a lot of the letters broke when I tried to remove them from the wax paper. I really need to learn how to do this the proper way. I am not good at writing directly on the cake and am always fearful of messing it up (which I've done). RI writing always looks so neat and perfect.

shortNsweet Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
shortNsweet Posted 12 Nov 2006 , 8:49pm
post #6 of 10

I just saw your cake in the gallery and this is my first time seeing the raised R.I. letters! I would love to know how you did thos too! They are SO pretty!...and incredibly neat looking! Could you explain how you di dthem and also what they are put on with?
Thanks!

Lazy_Susan Posted 13 Nov 2006 , 2:31am
post #7 of 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by lonestarstamper

How cool for you! Your cake is lovely too. I have a question though. How did you do your RI letters? I just tried this for a football cake I made and a lot of the letters broke when I tried to remove them from the wax paper. I really need to learn how to do this the proper way. I am not good at writing directly on the cake and am always fearful of messing it up (which I've done). RI writing always looks so neat and perfect.

The RI letters:

First off, the royal icing I made was thicker than normal (to help prevent breakage). I probably could have made it thinner but this was my first time making them and I wasn't quite sure of the proper consistency.
I printed the letters off of the computer and placed them on my kitchen table. Then I placed a piece of wax paper over them. Using the #2 tip, I just follwed the letters. After I made a letter I took a piece of wire and gently pressed it into the letter and then went over the wire with more RI. I let it dry for as long as I could. I knew that it would still be a bit wet underneath so after a couple of hours, I gently peeled the wax paper away from the letters (peeling the letters away from the paper can cause breakage). My "H" and my "r" broke but it was an easy fix with my left over RI. After it was dry, I dusted the letters with Luster Dust. Then just arrange on the cake and that's it! icon_smile.gif

NEWTODECORATING Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
NEWTODECORATING Posted 13 Nov 2006 , 3:24am
post #8 of 10

Lazy Susan- I just took a look at your gallery. OH MY!!!!! How did I miss all those wonderful cakes! I remember when you first joined CC and kept apologizing for asking questions--girl--now look who has the answers!! I am sooo proud of you!! I just wanted to give you a high five and tell you WAY TO GO!

Lazy_Susan Posted 13 Nov 2006 , 5:10am
post #9 of 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by NEWTODECORATING

Lazy Susan- I just took a look at your gallery. OH MY!!!!! How did I miss all those wonderful cakes! I remember when you first joined CC and kept apologizing for asking questions--girl--now look who has the answers!! I am sooo proud of you!! I just wanted to give you a high five and tell you WAY TO GO!

Thank you soooo much! You have no idea what that means to me icon_smile.gif Especially since I am getting so close to my one year anniversary of cake decorating. I use my photo gallery like a rememberance book. I remember I was sooooooo scared to try to make my first cake!!! LOL

Jopalis Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Jopalis Posted 13 Nov 2006 , 6:53pm
post #10 of 10

Wow! Your cakes are so pretty. So where are your newbie pics... Come on give me hope...newbie here....

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%