Debbie Brown Cake Books

Decorating By bakedandiced Updated 13 Nov 2006 , 12:29am by bakedandiced

bakedandiced Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
bakedandiced Posted 12 Nov 2006 , 2:11am
post #1 of 10

I am thinking of bidding on a few of her books on Ebay and would like some input from those that have her books. I looked on Amazon and some of her books are listed at $132.00. Are they really worth that much?

Which one of her books is your favorite?

Most useful if you have 2 little girls at home?

TIA

9 replies
cocakedecorator Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cocakedecorator Posted 12 Nov 2006 , 2:15am
post #2 of 10

i paid about $25.00 each for the two i have.

angelas2babies Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
angelas2babies Posted 12 Nov 2006 , 2:17am
post #3 of 10

I have 2 of Debbie Brown's books. I just purchased "Enchanted Cakes" a few weeks ago and paid about $10.00 for it from Amazon and I love it!! The other one I have is "50 Easy Party Cakes" that has alot of cute cakes in it as well.

I recommend them both, but they are all fondant creations with lots of modeling involved. The Enchanted Cakes book has so many adorable creations in it. I just love to look through it all the time.

I hope that helped a little.
Angie

TooMuchCake Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
TooMuchCake Posted 12 Nov 2006 , 2:18am
post #4 of 10

I recommend Enchanted Cakes for Children! Check the ballerina cake in my photos, it's based on a design from that book.

I get most of my books at a half-price bookstore, but it's a hit-or-miss thing there. Ebay can be a good place to buy them if you don't get in a bidding war.

Deanna

baker4life Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
baker4life Posted 12 Nov 2006 , 2:24am
post #5 of 10

I LOVE her books, but wouldn't pay that much for them.

I actually tried the library. I'm able to have books transferred to me from other libraries across the state. I was able to look at them, make copies of the cakes I was interested in, and returned them with only having to spend a couple of dollars. Worth it for me.

If you go to her website, http://www.debbiebrownscakes.co.uk/
she has pictures of all the cakes she does in her books.

For 2 girls, I like the Enchanted cakes book.

HTH! icon_biggrin.gif

cakesbygrandma Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cakesbygrandma Posted 12 Nov 2006 , 2:28am
post #6 of 10

If you have access to ABC Distributing catalog or their website www.abcdistributing.com they have 2 of her books for $10.95 eash 50 easy party cakes and cartoon cakes. resonable shipping my total for both books was like $25.00 haven't made any cakes but like the books. Check it out.

nenufares Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
nenufares Posted 12 Nov 2006 , 2:30am
post #7 of 10

You can see each one of the books and it's contents at her website:

http://www.debbiebrownscakes.co.uk/

I don't know which book was listed with that price, normally at amazon they are around $20-25. I think they are great books I have 2 of them and i am planning to get some more.

bakedandiced Posted 12 Nov 2006 , 4:32am
post #8 of 10

Thanks everyone, I think that I will go for the Enchanted Cakes. I just could not believe my eyes when I saw the prices on Amazon, some were what I woud expect to pay for a book, but there were some that were 58 and 98 bucks, but the one that really threw me was the 132 dollar one. I am hoping that it was some sort of typo.

BlakesCakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
BlakesCakes Posted 12 Nov 2006 , 9:02pm
post #9 of 10

Great prices on Buy.com AND if you use Google checkout (easy sign up) you save an additional $10. Free shipping on $25 orders, too. You can get 3 of her books for a total of about $35.

Rae

bakedandiced Posted 13 Nov 2006 , 12:29am
post #10 of 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by BlakesCakes

Great prices on Buy.com AND if you use Google checkout (easy sign up) you save an additional $10. Free shipping on $25 orders, too. You can get 3 of her books for a total of about $35.

Rae

Thanks for the tip! I was just about to sign in to Ebay and buy one, but saw the message here. You saved me $$$, my dh thanks you too.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%