Can You Tell Me The Easiest Way To Do This....

Decorating By Alwayzmakincake Updated 14 Sep 2007 , 9:55pm by leily

Alwayzmakincake Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Alwayzmakincake Posted 12 Sep 2007 , 3:21pm
post #1 of 9

Hi, everyone,

I have to make cupcakes for my husband's work with this symbol. I was thinking of doing a swirl of buttercream and then placing a round piece of white fondant laying on top. Then on the circle I was going to trace the fondant into the face in the colors they requested, which are green and gold. What a pain to have to cut out all those little cut outs, though. It's only ten cupcakes, but does anyone have a good idea on how to do this?

I only need to do one transformer. They just sent the picture with all the different colors.

Thanks,

Michele
LL

8 replies
nechee Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
nechee Posted 12 Sep 2007 , 3:28pm
post #2 of 9

I would say fondant and edible markers would be the easiest way. T least that way you can get the way you want it without having to do all the cutouts.

kansaslaura Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kansaslaura Posted 12 Sep 2007 , 3:40pm
post #3 of 9

How many cupcakes? I have an edible image printer, that would be my first line of defense for something like that. I have done edible images on cupcakes and they work great. I let the sheet dry a couple of days and took an exacto knife and cut out the image and smeared a thin layer of BC where I wanted it to adhere.

For extra pop you can use the image, once on the surface as a pattern and RI over it.

Just a thought icon_smile.gif

justsweet Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
justsweet Posted 12 Sep 2007 , 3:42pm
post #4 of 9

I would say chocolate transfers. It is just like making frozen buttercream transfer but you are using chocolate. Chocolate melts come in different color, they are fun and everyone can eat. Who doesn't love chocolate.

here is a link to show how to make chocolate transfers

http://home-and-garden.webshots.com/album/111071540UEhrpE?start=12

just click the picture and start from their.

Good luck.

Woole2 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Woole2 Posted 12 Sep 2007 , 3:52pm
post #5 of 9

heres a link to a transformer cake that a CCer just posted.

http://cakecentral.com/cake-photo-1028673.html

Sarsi Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Sarsi Posted 12 Sep 2007 , 6:48pm
post #6 of 9

What about doing a cupcake cake? You could just do one large transformers image that way and maybe just draw it on a paper and then do the pin ##### method. Outline in one color and then fill it in with whatever color you choose...

http://members.nuvox.net/~zt.proicer/message/saved/cupcakes.html

sudie1 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sudie1 Posted 14 Sep 2007 , 9:26pm
post #7 of 9

How much would you charge for a cupcake cake (equivalent size as a 12x18 sheet cake)?

leily Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
leily Posted 14 Sep 2007 , 9:53pm
post #8 of 9

for the transformer logo I would either do a chocolate transfer. You can adjust the size of the logo, lay wax paper/parchment over your printed paper, trace the logo with chocolate, let dry and then place on cupcakes.

Could do same thing with royal icing also.

leily Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
leily Posted 14 Sep 2007 , 9:55pm
post #9 of 9
Quote:
Originally Posted by sudie1

How much would you charge for a cupcake cake (equivalent size as a 12x18 sheet cake)?

I charge $1.50/cupcake for a cupcake cake. So a 12x18 has 54 servings so a cupcake cake with the same servings would be $81. But I don't know if you can fit that many cupcakes on a 12x18 board.... I haven't tried it.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%