Backyardigans

Decorating By dolphins256 Updated 27 Jan 2007 , 5:56am by Jesjacster2

dolphins256 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
dolphins256 Posted 10 Nov 2006 , 10:45pm
post #1 of 14

Has anyone done a Backyardigans cake? That is what my 3 year old wants for his fourth birthday in December. I think 3-D would be neat but lots of work. I would have to practice this one. I have never done a 3-D cake. Any ideas or pictures would be great. I did a search on the site but could not find any.

Thanks

13 replies
lapazlady Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
lapazlady Posted 10 Nov 2006 , 10:52pm
post #2 of 14

I'd never heard of Backyardigans until this thread. I looked on google, you can purchase (always) edible images on the web. You might want to take a look and see if this would be a way to go. I have to say, they sure are cute, but LOTS of work to do by hand. icon_lol.gif

cakemomne Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cakemomne Posted 10 Nov 2006 , 10:58pm
post #3 of 14

HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!! (a day early icon_lol.gif )

I havent done a 3-D cake, but maybe you could use Wilton's stand up teddy bear pan and carve out/off the features?

Cannot wait to see what you come up with!

crafty01 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
crafty01 Posted 10 Nov 2006 , 11:04pm
post #4 of 14

I too have been trying to come up with something to do too.
Granddaughter has BD this month and am doing a cars cake and a small Backyardigans but dont know how Im going to yet.
Good luck on yours and Ill post a pic of mine if I do it.

Ditter Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Ditter Posted 10 Nov 2006 , 11:13pm
post #5 of 14

If you look in the latest uploads in the gallery there is a picture of the backyardigans. Maybe the person who made them could help you all

Mickey

kelleym Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kelleym Posted 10 Nov 2006 , 11:16pm
post #6 of 14

There are some great Backyardigans cakes in the gallery if you do a search. I am making one tonight for my son's birthday party tomorrow, and I'll post a picture when it's done. It's going to be two-tier, yellow and orange stripes on the bottom and blue with white clouds on the top and Backyardigans characters all around it. Here are the MMF figurines I made for it. I had a ton of fun with them. They took me probably 30-45 minutes each.
LL

StephW Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
StephW Posted 10 Nov 2006 , 11:24pm
post #7 of 14

Kellym, those figurines are wonderful!!! I'm sure your son will love the cake!!

coolmom Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
coolmom Posted 10 Nov 2006 , 11:38pm
post #8 of 14

Wow!!! Amazing Backyardigan people, figure,....things! My son walked in the room and knew immediately who they were. There really are some cute cakes in the gallery for this show. I hope I get a chance to make one some day. Good luck and can't wait to see pictures!

dolphins256 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
dolphins256 Posted 11 Nov 2006 , 5:35pm
post #9 of 14

WOW! Your backyardagin characters are great. I wish I was that talented. I'm just at a loss for words. They are so neat. I'm going to have to start working on this now. If I do it I will post but I can't wait to see your cake. Thanks everyone.

Thanks for the birthday wishes.

mxpark Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mxpark Posted 12 Nov 2006 , 1:28am
post #10 of 14

i love the backyardigans! my husband thinks i'm crazy and i'm more into it than my son is! anyhow - good luck dolphins! can't wait to see pictures!

Mamas Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Fascination Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Fascination Posted 12 Nov 2006 , 6:10am
post #12 of 14

Kelleym..
Wow ! you did a great job; seriously, before I read the text, I had scrolled down & saw the image. My first thought was: cute toys. When I read that they are MMF I was stunned. They are so well done, so smooth, the colors so vivid... very impressive!
wonderful work.

ciao

finnox Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
finnox Posted 14 Nov 2006 , 7:09pm
post #13 of 14

Yes Kelleym they are awsome. I wish I was that talented. I love seeing all the great things that can be done with MMF.

Jesjacster2 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Jesjacster2 Posted 27 Jan 2007 , 5:56am
post #14 of 14

WOW! I thoug those were toys when I first saw them too! Awesome job....would love to be so talented...really super great Job!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%