Kitchenaid Scare

Decorating By 4dollars Updated 10 Nov 2006 , 9:59pm by Sweetpeeps

4dollars Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
4dollars Posted 9 Nov 2006 , 7:36pm
post #1 of 30

My KitchenAid gave me a scare today. (Yes, I talk about it like it is my child, well almost) I went to take the paddle out so I could wash it, and it was stuck! I tried several times to get it out and it wouldnt budge. I started to get upset, because I have only had it for a few months. I finally got it off, and it looked like I had gotten icing on the post thingy (very technical term!) before I put it on. Washed it and all was well, but I honestly thought about calling 911!

Seriously, has anyone else had this problem?

29 replies
kelleym Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kelleym Posted 9 Nov 2006 , 9:01pm
post #2 of 30

Never had this problem, but I sympathize! I sometimes refer to my KitchenAid as my child. (no offense to my actual children, of course!) icon_wink.gif

Momof4luvscakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Momof4luvscakes Posted 9 Nov 2006 , 9:09pm
post #3 of 30

I had it happen one time when making MMF. That stuff is like glue!! I thought I would never get the paddle off!

RisqueBusiness Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
RisqueBusiness Posted 9 Nov 2006 , 9:10pm
post #4 of 30

ha..

I ended up dropping mine from a stool with a bowl full of meringue.

Aside from a dent and parts that came off and I can't figure out where they go...

Ole RED is fine!

I got a red KA coz I heard REDHEADS were scrappy!

lol

Ksue Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Ksue Posted 9 Nov 2006 , 9:11pm
post #5 of 30

Not exactly, but something similar. With my smaller KA, the style where the bowl twists into the 'seat' in the base of the machine, I had evidently gotten some royal icing on the bottom of the bowl. I used all the icing out of the bowl, then went to bed exhausted, and failed to wash the bowl and wipe down the machine (bad momma!!!). The next morning, I could NOT get that bowl untwisted from its seat. Had to have hubby hold the machine while I twisted the bowl out.

Sometimes I think we could build our houses with royal icing!

FatAndHappy Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
FatAndHappy Posted 9 Nov 2006 , 9:19pm
post #6 of 30

Mine did that a few times - I sprayed PAM into it and it popped right off.

ChrisJ Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ChrisJ Posted 9 Nov 2006 , 9:22pm
post #7 of 30

Ksue, I had the same thing happen to me with my bowl getting stuck! I had made a batch of MMF and when I tried to get the bowl off, it was stuck like glue! I had not waited at all to get it off but it was stuck! I tried and tried, called in my big strong boys and hubby and no one could get it to budge! I stomped off uttering #@(*@ at my poor KA and after about 15 minutes, it just came right off! It's happened again and I noticed that it's when my machine is hot from making MMF and it comes right off when it cools down. Too weird icon_confused.gif

aobodessa Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
aobodessa Posted 9 Nov 2006 , 9:28pm
post #8 of 30
Quote:
Originally Posted by RisqueBusiness

ha..

I got a red KA coz I heard REDHEADS were scrappy!

lol

Risque, you're just TOO MUCH!!! icon_lol.gificon_lol.gificon_lol.gif

4dollars Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
4dollars Posted 9 Nov 2006 , 10:19pm
post #9 of 30

Risque, I happen to know for a fact, that redheads are indeed, very scrappy people! (I am one!!!) lol! Unfortunately, when my hubby bought my KA, they were out of the red (How dare they). And when my squeaky tight hubby offers, you better take him up on it before he changes his mind! so I have the sleek, sophisticated, always fashionable, Black.

I may have to try the pam thing. It looked like some powered sugar got into the spring thingy too.

RisqueBusiness Posted 9 Nov 2006 , 11:42pm
post #10 of 30

lol..

My next one is a girly pink...then I may go upscale and do the BLACK!

one can never go wrong with that!

Zmama Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Zmama Posted 10 Nov 2006 , 1:15am
post #11 of 30

Risque, how dare you call redheads scrappy?!?!?! Wanna take this outside icon_lol.gif

Nah, no redheads here! icon_wink.gif Got a lilac KA myself, pink is just not my color.

RisqueBusiness Posted 10 Nov 2006 , 2:25am
post #12 of 30
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zmama

Risque, how dare you call redheads scrappy?!?!?! Wanna take this outside icon_lol.gif

Nah, no redheads here! icon_wink.gif Got a lilac KA myself, pink is just not my color.

ha..Scrappy Red Head are ya? Wanna take it outside do ya? Better watch it...

I'm a Pretty Scrappy Latina..and I can ALWAYS dye my hair RED..

icon_lol.gificon_lol.gificon_lol.gificon_lol.gificon_lol.gificon_lol.gificon_lol.gificon_lol.gif

Zmama Posted 10 Nov 2006 , 4:07am
post #13 of 30

LOL - come on up here to WI, you'd be too darn cold to take it outside. Have to turn it into a cake fight..

RisqueBusiness Posted 10 Nov 2006 , 4:09am
post #14 of 30
Quote:

LOL - come on up here to WI, you'd be too darn cold to take it outside. Have to turn it into a cake fight..

oh , cake fight!!!! thumbs_up.gif only if there is coffee! icon_lol.gif

Zmama Posted 10 Nov 2006 , 4:20am
post #15 of 30
Quote:

Quote:

oh , cake fight!!!! thumbs_up.gif only if there is coffee! icon_lol.gif

Would you like that black, loaded, or flavored mocha latte? Peppermind, vanilla, cinnamon, or gingerbread?

Yeah, there's coffee!

RisqueBusiness Posted 10 Nov 2006 , 4:31am
post #16 of 30

YES. YES..and YESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS..YES..lol

Ok..we have officially stepped over the silly line! but what fun!

Zmama Posted 10 Nov 2006 , 4:36am
post #17 of 30

LOL!

Coffee brewing, and I'm making cookies to go with. I keep dough refrigerated for emergencies such as this. If it's gone when you get here, guess we'll have to make more!

I do envy you the warm weather right now. It's freaking COLD here!

aobodessa Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
aobodessa Posted 10 Nov 2006 , 2:02pm
post #18 of 30

Ladies, I don't want to get into the middle of this one, but I truly must THANK YOU for giving me a great little giggle to start off my day. It's nearly as good as the "underwear wars" my two remaining teenage daughters have been having this week .....

Let the silliness reign!!!

Odessa

khoudek Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
khoudek Posted 10 Nov 2006 , 2:38pm
post #19 of 30

I don't have a KA. I came home with an industrial Cook model, when I replaced my last one that burnt out. She is my baby! On top of being a great mixer, she had a lid that keeps all that flour and powdered sugar in its place while mixing, which I SOOOOOOOO LOVE! She helps her mama keep a clean kitchen along with looking sleek in her shiney silver dress!

RisqueBusiness Posted 10 Nov 2006 , 2:49pm
post #20 of 30
Quote:
Originally Posted by khoudek

I don't have a KA. I came home with an industrial Cook model, when I replaced my last one that burnt out. She is my baby! On top of being a great mixer, she had a lid that keeps all that flour and powdered sugar in its place while mixing, which I SOOOOOOOO LOVE! She helps her mama keep a clean kitchen along with looking sleek in her shiney silver dress!

Ooooh a model that keeps her top on and keeps her living quarters neat and clean!!! I must check that out and be the envy of all the MODEL AGENCIES in MIAMI! lol

haha....WARM WEATHER? don't you know we are having a cold spell? It's actually gone down to about 75 degrees! We ARE nearing winter!! icon_razz.gif

But that's OK...I enjoy ICED COFFEE!

icon_lol.gificon_lol.gificon_lol.gificon_lol.gificon_lol.gificon_lol.gif

czyadgrl Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
czyadgrl Posted 10 Nov 2006 , 3:59pm
post #21 of 30

OMG, you gals are cracking me up this morning!

Where do you suppose a nice "Caviar Gray" KA fits into the mix?
I love it, the glittery sparkles in the paint! Makes me smile every time I look at it! icon_smile.gif

And speaking of red...
Have you all seen the shiny red kitchen cabinets at IKEA? Ohhhh how I want those ... and easy to clean up too!

RisqueBusiness Posted 10 Nov 2006 , 4:56pm
post #22 of 30
Quote:
Originally Posted by czyadgrl

OMG, you gals are cracking me up this morning!

Where do you suppose a nice "Caviar Gray" KA fits into the mix?
I love it, the glittery sparkles in the paint! Makes me smile every time I look at it! icon_smile.gif

And speaking of red...
Have you all seen the shiny red kitchen cabinets at IKEA? Ohhhh how I want those ... and easy to clean up too!

Caviar Grey? Must be the MATRON of the line! Dignified, strong, capable of MULTITASKING, silent and dependable!

The sparklie bits ...Well,...MRS. GREY had quite a past!! icon_surprised.gificon_surprised.gif

tapedshut.gif shhhhhhhh!! she's not talking and I'm not telling!!! tapedshut.gif

Red Cabinets at IKEA?

Ohhh, I MUST run and tell the MADAM...er...um I mean MADAME of the house...or is that MADAME vs MADAM? Oh well...at least we get paid CASH! hahaaaa icon_lol.gificon_lol.gificon_lol.gificon_lol.gif
and our work is EASY...Didn't know how many people ENJOYED their CAKES WITH A SALACIOUS TWIST!

berryblondeboys Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
berryblondeboys Posted 10 Nov 2006 , 5:09pm
post #23 of 30

We have those shiny cabinets from Ikea, but in black. I thought they would show all dirt, but you know what? They are great.

Secondly, what is it about the stereotype of the redhead temper and feistiness? While it is a generalization, my older son is a golden blonde/strawberry blonde and my toddler is a coppery red (hence the name berryblondeboys) and they BOTH are alpha males with lots of spirit (which I like, but boy do I get looks from moms of boys who have meek children! LOL)

Melissa

RisqueBusiness Posted 10 Nov 2006 , 5:12pm
post #24 of 30
Quote:
Originally Posted by berryblondeboys

We have those shiny cabinets from Ikea, but in black. I thought they would show all dirt, but you know what? They are great.

Secondly, what is it about the stereotype of the redhead temper and feistiness? While it is a generalization, my older son is a golden blonde/strawberry blonde and my toddler is a coppery red (hence the name berryblondeboys) and they BOTH are alpha males with lots of spirit (which I like, but boy do I get looks from moms of boys who have meek children! LOL)

Melissa

Melissa no offense to your beautiful boys. It was a generalization as you pointed out..that was made in fun.

My apologies if you were offended by my humor.

Again. Very sorry icon_sad.gif

I'll know better next time...and keep comments like that to myself and keep the thread on track.

khoudek Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
khoudek Posted 10 Nov 2006 , 5:20pm
post #25 of 30

I'm auburn, my middle daughter is strawberry blonde and my son is a carrot top. My daughter is sort of shy, but bubbly when you get to know her, my son is a wisecracker. I'm the only one with a temper and I seriously think it's due to raising children... I am always being provoked!!!!

berryblondeboys Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
berryblondeboys Posted 10 Nov 2006 , 5:30pm
post #26 of 30
Quote:

Melissa no offense to your beautiful boys. It was a generalization as you pointed out..that was made in fun.

I'll know better next time...and keep comments like that to myself and keep the thread on track.

Oh heck no, I'm not offended. I was just trying to say, we all know it's a generalization, but that I think there is a grain of truth to it - at least with my boys. My little one has the most gorgeous head of hair, but has that stereotyped temperment to go with it. It's almost funny. He SCREAMS for his rights and is very persistent. I'm always a little embarassed when I see how tame other kids are. It's in his genes I guess - gee, I don't know WHERE he could have gotten that from! LOL

Melissa

RisqueBusiness Posted 10 Nov 2006 , 6:36pm
post #27 of 30
Quote:
Originally Posted by berryblondeboys

Quote:

Oh heck no, I'm not offended. I was just trying to say, we all know it's a generalization, but that I think there is a grain of truth to it - at least with my boys. My little one has the most gorgeous head of hair, but has that stereotyped temperment to go with it. It's almost funny. He SCREAMS for his rights and is very persistent. I'm always a little embarassed when I see how tame other kids are. It's in his genes I guess - gee, I don't know WHERE he could have gotten that from! LOL

Melissa

Lol, ok..wasn't sure, as you know with women...sigh..lol

Well if he is the youngest....he must be heard! lol

lapazlady Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
lapazlady Posted 10 Nov 2006 , 6:48pm
post #28 of 30

This thread is one of the reasons I love CC. Starts off seriously and falls into "KA" fight. All too funny. I do like the idea of a bit of Pam on the beater shaft. The stuck paddle hasn't happened but I'll take the hint now rather than later. icon_lol.gificon_lol.gif

antonia74 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
antonia74 Posted 10 Nov 2006 , 7:01pm
post #29 of 30

The paddle getting stuck happens to me nearly once a week. I've learned that, after emptying the mixing bowl of the food contents...I boil a kettle of water and pour it onto the top of the paddle attachment for about 8-10 seconds. Then I use a cloth (because it's metal and super hot!) and I just remove it as usual. It slips off like butter. thumbs_up.gif

Sweetpeeps Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Sweetpeeps Posted 10 Nov 2006 , 9:59pm
post #30 of 30

Maybe I should dye my kids hair red, so I can have an excuse for thier rowdiness. hmmm.... Think it would work? lol.... My niece is a redhead and she is sweet as pie. Atleast when I see her. Her mom and dad always argue with me about it.

I've never had my beater stick before. But, my bowl has. I manhandled the thing for a good 5 min with now luck. Then I went back later and tried again. I about whacked myself in the face with it because it came off so easy. What's with that? lol

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%