Cake On The Floor And Elsewhere

Decorating By AngiesIdea Updated 10 Sep 2007 , 6:34pm by annacakes

AngiesIdea Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
AngiesIdea Posted 10 Sep 2007 , 5:50am
post #1 of 4

A bit long but cake manslaughter (involuntary)

I baked all week long for a mommy cake and set of blocks for a babyshower this Sunday. I was rather pleased with the job that I had done on the sheet cake portion, so I was admiring my work. I guess being a bit vain. icon_twisted.gif My confidence went fast when the board collapsed and my cake broke in two and slid down both sides of the stupid board. icon_eek.gif I had a bucket of mop water on my basement landing and 1/2 of it landed in it and the other half slammed into the floor. I was devasted! I must have starred at the mess for about 5 min before I could react. My 6 year old walked into the kitchen I asked "mommy what happened" and I just lost it and so did she. icon_cry.gificon_cry.gificon_cry.gif Here it is 9pm and I was basically having to start over. Had to go to Super K to get the mixes because I was all out of the DH White for the WASC. My 13 year old felt so bad for me as I cried like a baby that he even helped me clean it up. Even more he offered to help me start over "but please stop crying, mama". My 2 year old kissed me on the cheek as I sobbed. I know too many kids for cake decorating right! icon_wink.gif Needless to say I had to deliver so I pulled it together and started over and I didn't finish until Sunday morning at 6:30AM. I had been working on these cakes since 12 noon Saturday. Had to make cake and more icing. My oldest called my husband while he was shooting a wedding reception-he felt so bad that he even offered to help me when he got home. After it was all said and done the mommy to be(SIL) loved the cakes and so did the guests. I felt pleased again-but exhausted. icon_biggrin.gif I was also co-hosting the shower. icon_surprised.gif At work right now and dead tired, probably had 4 hours of sleep. Can't go to sleep until today at around 8:30am after 2 kids go off to school.

Angie ouch.gif

3 replies
wolfley29 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
wolfley29 Posted 10 Sep 2007 , 6:15am
post #2 of 4

I am so sorry that happened to you. icon_cry.gif And glad that it all worked out. icon_biggrin.gif Just goes to show what a professional you are. Now that the tears are gone, get some rest and have a good laugh. icon_lol.gif

USMC_SGTs_Lady Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
USMC_SGTs_Lady Posted 10 Sep 2007 , 2:20pm
post #3 of 4

oh wow....what a fun expeirence huh... icon_cry.gif ...i would have nightmares at night seeing my cake fall half into a bucket of mop water and the rest on the floor. BUT at least you had a lot of support and help from your family there....AND you finished and delivered the cakes icon_lol.gif Great JOB!

annacakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
annacakes Posted 10 Sep 2007 , 6:34pm
post #4 of 4

Way to go Angie. I know, sometimes you wonder just why you ever got yourself into this biz. You think you must be insane. But, you dug deep and got thru it. You ARE a pro. Remember that. Congrats.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%