Ants.......

Decorating By blessBeckysbaking Updated 10 Sep 2007 , 2:08pm by USMC_SGTs_Lady

blessBeckysbaking Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
blessBeckysbaking Posted 9 Sep 2007 , 10:27am
post #1 of 6

Yes ants got into two months of work of gumpaste flowers and leaves. three buckets with layers after layers of flowers roses four colors, lillys in two colors, morning glorys, filler flowers and some no name flowers I made up that was so cute. I found out I got a cake order by a pastor ordering her own birthday cake to share with her church this afternoon for in the morning so I take the order thinking I got tons of flowers I made a few months ago stored away I'll bust them out an instant girly cake NOT SO! Ants in two of the three buckets all of there lids was on just right. to add they are in my guest room on a shelf. no ant in my kitchen at all how ? why ? I don't know.

ANY ONE KNOW HOW TO PREVENT THIS FORM HAPPENING AGAIN?

5 replies
ldydb Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ldydb Posted 9 Sep 2007 , 10:47am
post #2 of 6

I have never had this happe but all I can say is PRESS AND SEAL! I use if for everything.

Sorry about your flowers. icon_sad.gif

gingerkitten79 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
gingerkitten79 Posted 9 Sep 2007 , 11:01am
post #3 of 6

i would recommend double sealing everything! wrap everything in gladwrap, put in a sealed box and put ant sand around your house. I hope this helps
L x

piklpop2 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
piklpop2 Posted 9 Sep 2007 , 11:34am
post #4 of 6

We had a similar problem and finally cured it by spreading Amdro Ant Block around the whole perimeter of our house. It is a bait that they carry back to their nest and share. In about three days we had no sign of ants and so far still none for the past 6 - 8 weeks. Amdro is available at Home Depot and Lowes. Press N' Seal is great, but they still need to be eliminated. Good luck with making them extinct!

blessBeckysbaking Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
blessBeckysbaking Posted 10 Sep 2007 , 8:22am
post #5 of 6

thanks so much for the advice. those was my first time making up flowers like that so I will try all the great tips and thanks agian

USMC_SGTs_Lady Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
USMC_SGTs_Lady Posted 10 Sep 2007 , 2:08pm
post #6 of 6

that sucks that had to happen.... icon_sad.gif ...i would suggest, getting some ant killer products. We had ants really bad about a month ago and we got this stuff that was like a gel, and you put the gel on a peice of cardboard, then set it somewhere for the ants to eat, and well to this day i haven't seen an ant in our house...but double wrapping things is a good idea also....always want to double insure yourself... icon_wink.gif

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%