Bride Wants Bridal Gown As Part Of Cake

Decorating By sandralita Updated 8 Nov 2006 , 4:07am by slejdick

sandralita Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sandralita Posted 8 Nov 2006 , 3:15am
post #1 of 6

Ok, I just spoke to a bride who liked a cake I made for a bridal shower with a bridal gown. Will try to post it here if not it's on my photos. I've actually made two of these cakes. However, I've never seen a wedding cake with a dress on it. Would this be appropriate? I've seen many beautiful designs that incorporate details of a dress into the cake... Any advise will be greatly appreciated.
Thanks!
I was not able to attach the photo, size is too big. Please look at the cake with the gown that says "I Do". That's the one she liked. The cake would be much bigger of course...
By the way, how do you attach photos here?

5 replies
sweetviolent Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sweetviolent Posted 8 Nov 2006 , 3:23am
post #2 of 6

why the heck not ??? the cake should be whatever the bride(pok and groom) want- and i think your dress cakes aew way cool. I have never seen a wedding cake topper but plenty done in the style of the brides dress .

you could have a train that drapes down the tiers too!!!

all of your cakes are gorgeous!!!

MillyCakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
MillyCakes Posted 8 Nov 2006 , 3:23am
post #3 of 6

I have only added the lace details of a dress to a cake. I used a piece of the lace and had a friend make a silcone mold of the lace for fondant.

megankennedy Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
megankennedy Posted 8 Nov 2006 , 3:34am
post #4 of 6

i think your dress cake is gorgeous, and i agree that whatever the bride wants on her cake is appropriate. if they are willing to pay the right price

sandralita Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sandralita Posted 8 Nov 2006 , 3:48am
post #5 of 6

Thank you guys...that is exactly what I was thinking....that the cake should be whatever the bride wants. However, I have not come accross an actual wedding cake with the bridal gown. I guess I will start working on some designs. If anyone has seen a wedding cake like this and want to give me ideas or direct me to were I can see it, great!
This is the first time I post a topic....I'm loving it....thanks for your comments, replies and help!!!
PD: I still don't know how to attach a photo here....

slejdick Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
slejdick Posted 8 Nov 2006 , 4:07am
post #6 of 6

Here's a link to one that ellepal did a while ago - it's stunning!

http://www.cakecentral.com/modules.php?name=coppermine&file=displayimage&meta=search&search=wedding%20gown&cat=0&pos=7&search=wedding%20gown

You can do a search in the gallery for "wedding gown" or "wedding dress" to see a few more.

hth!
Laura.

btw, to add a picture in the forum, you have to resize it first (shrink it down) before you can post it here. I don't remember the details on the size, exactly, but if you do a search here, it's been discussed recently.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%