Is Anybody A Low-Carber Here?

Lounge By Amberlea Updated 7 Nov 2006 , 10:54pm by cakemomne

Amberlea Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Amberlea Posted 7 Nov 2006 , 10:44pm
post #1 of 4

Just wondered if anybody else is on a low-carb eating plan, like me! I have a hard time staying away from the cakes and icing because I can't have sugar...How do you cope??

3 replies
Samsgranny Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Samsgranny Posted 7 Nov 2006 , 10:48pm
post #2 of 4

With GREAT difficulty. I have put on 20 pounds since January (when I started baking and decorating) and had lost 80 pounds last year. I even won the Curves challenge last Christmas and the challenge was to NOT gain any weight during the month of December. Not only did I not GAIN any weight in the month of December I LOST 10 pounds! Now I am struggling to get this 20 off. Any tips would be appreciated!

Amberlea Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Amberlea Posted 7 Nov 2006 , 10:51pm
post #3 of 4

I just find that eliminating sugar and refined whites really helps me. I had my last baby two years ago and haven't had an easy time of losing the weight. I only have about 15 lbs to go, but I've been struggling. It doesn't help that I'm surrounded by sweet stuff all the time!

cakemomne Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cakemomne Posted 7 Nov 2006 , 10:54pm
post #4 of 4

Yup,

Just found out a couple of weeks ago I'm heading towards insulin resistance so I need to loose weight and count calories and carbs! uugh esp. for a carb addict like me. I chew gum and drink hot tea (or other no-cal beverage you really like) while baking/decorating. Then get it out of my house (or at least out of sight) fast!! icon_lol.gif

Good luck

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%