3D Cookie Cutters

Baking By Kate714 Updated 14 Jan 2007 , 12:15am by nefgaby

Kate714 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Kate714 Posted 7 Nov 2006 , 3:10pm
post #1 of 20

Has anyone seen these in the new Williams Sonoma catalog??

http://www.williams-sonoma.com/products/sku8281958/index.cfm?pkey=cbkwcuti&cm%5Fsrc=None

they are cutters that allow you to make 3D, stand up reindeer, sleighs and trees. I wonder if anyone has tried these or something similar, or knows who might have them cheaper??

19 replies
doescakestoo Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
doescakestoo Posted 7 Nov 2006 , 5:40pm
post #2 of 20

I have seen these on another site. They are a big seller. I am going to buy some and try them.

Kate714 Posted 7 Nov 2006 , 7:24pm
post #3 of 20

do you know which site??

deevav Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
deevav Posted 7 Nov 2006 , 7:26pm
post #4 of 20
tiptop57 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
tiptop57 Posted 7 Nov 2006 , 7:33pm
post #5 of 20

I have the original vintage Crisco 3D cookie cutters with instructions. Found them at an antique store. Made them once with a niece. Don't bother, what they don't tell ya is the dough will spread and sometimes it it too loose fitting sometimes too tight. Never as Goldilocks would say "just right". icon_wink.gif

It will be disappointing.

diz Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
diz Posted 8 Nov 2006 , 12:47am
post #6 of 20

I posted about these and the ladies have a good point. the dough may spread.
I am just going to make my own 3d cutters.

bake the dough and when it is cooked, cut a notch in it.

TiffTurtle Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
TiffTurtle Posted 8 Nov 2006 , 6:11am
post #7 of 20

i got the nordicwear ones off qvc about a month ago..i was all excited about them..until i got them and tried them...they have the solid back so you can only get the cookies but so thick and then if you do manage to get them thick they wont slide together...imma try mine agian but i have yet to figure out to transport them if i do ever get them to turn out right.

prettysweet Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
prettysweet Posted 8 Nov 2006 , 4:58pm
post #8 of 20

I'm sorry to hear that about the3D cookie makers.. I ordered myself a set as well as one for a gift. I haven't tried them yet. Has anyone else had the same experience with the Nordic Ware cookie molds?I certainly don't want to give them as a gift if they're not very effective, especially since the recipient is new to cookie making.

Kate714 Posted 8 Nov 2006 , 11:06pm
post #9 of 20

oh, that's too bad icon_sad.gif I was really hoping these would come out good!

rhondab Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
rhondab Posted 9 Nov 2006 , 1:30pm
post #10 of 20

from Country Woman Christmas magazine. Here's the link to the recipe and pictures for 3-D Christmas tree cookies using regular cutters - really neat!

http://recipes.tasteofhome.com/eRMS/recp.aspx?recid=29972

bonniebakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
bonniebakes Posted 9 Nov 2006 , 2:12pm
post #11 of 20

rhondab - thanks for posting that link. It does look really neat!

McMama Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
McMama Posted 10 Nov 2006 , 1:50am
post #12 of 20

I have used the reindeer 3D cookie cutters from Kitchengifts (I think). I had no problems at all. I thought they were really cute, but my daughter didn't think so! LOL!

GeminiRJ Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
GeminiRJ Posted 13 Nov 2006 , 1:07pm
post #13 of 20

Tiptop57- I have the same cutters, also found at an antique store. I used my usual sugar cookie recipe, and though it spread a little bit, I was able to use a knife to scrape the notches enough so the pieces fit together. My problem came when it was time to decorate. Other than the turtle, the other animals have been a pain to do. I still love the way they look, and haven't given up on them yet!

mxpark Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mxpark Posted 14 Nov 2006 , 3:17pm
post #14 of 20

oooh they look really easy! i'm going to try that!

nefgaby Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
nefgaby Posted 13 Jan 2007 , 3:38am
post #15 of 20

Does anybody know of any other brand of 3D cookie cutters, other than nodic ware or crisco?
Maybe something like this:
http://forum.cakecentral.com/modules.php?name=coppermine&file=displayimage&meta=allby&uname=DianeLM&cat=0&pos=30
Thanks soo much!!

cakeatopia Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cakeatopia Posted 13 Jan 2007 , 4:48am
post #16 of 20

I just bought the 3D ones from BB&B that someone mentioned. They were the Rudolph the RNR tin with 4 cutters(Hermie, Rudolph, Bumbles and Santa). I got them for $9.99(from $19.99) minus the 20 off coupon and I think they may have actually had an additional 30off b/c of yellow tag clearance sale. Have yet to try them, but they sure look cute!

TaraRowan Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
TaraRowan Posted 13 Jan 2007 , 11:45pm
post #17 of 20

That was me!
I finally tried them ('cause my 4 year old was not going to wait til NEXT christmas)
They are cute but a bit wobbly. Maybe once we ice them we can "glue" the feet on. I just thought they were too different to pass up (and at $6 who could say no!??!?!?)

tara

tricia Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
tricia Posted 13 Jan 2007 , 11:51pm
post #18 of 20

I bought the ones from Williams-Sonoma, but haven't used them yet...got them after Christmas for 9.99...regular 19.99..hope to use them next Christmas, but may practice with them soon just to see how they turn out...

DianeLM Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
DianeLM Posted 13 Jan 2007 , 11:52pm
post #19 of 20
Quote:
Originally Posted by nefgaby

Does anybody know of any other brand of 3D cookie cutters, other than nodic ware or crisco?
Maybe something like this:
http://forum.cakecentral.com/modules.php?name=coppermine&file=displayimage&meta=allby&uname=DianeLM&cat=0&pos=30
Thanks soo much!!

I got those cookie cutters at http://cookiescubed.com/

nefgaby Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
nefgaby Posted 14 Jan 2007 , 12:15am
post #20 of 20

Hi, thanks Diane... I do appreciate all your help, I got your PM as well. Thanks again!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%