How Much Should I Charge For This Ri Tiara?

Decorating By Danielle111 Updated 7 Oct 2007 , 4:06am by shadowgypsie

Danielle111 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Danielle111 Posted 7 Sep 2007 , 8:55pm
post #1 of 11

Hi guys! I was just wondering since this is my first tiara, what I should charge for it. The cake will be delivered next Sat., and I need to give her a quote as soon as possible. Thank you! icon_smile.gif
LL

10 replies
HBcakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
HBcakes Posted 7 Sep 2007 , 9:10pm
post #2 of 11

I'd say you really just have to go by time and expenses. It looks terrific!!! And like you definitely spent some time on it. Sorry I'm not more help. I actually have a cake with a small tiara coming up in a couple weeks, and I dont' know what I'll charge yet either....I know about how much she wants to spend so I'm just trying to keep my investment into it limited to what I think is fair for the amount.....HTH a little!! beautiful job again!

countrykittie Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
countrykittie Posted 8 Sep 2007 , 12:30am
post #3 of 11

Sorry I can't help with pricing either, but I just wanted to say that I absolutly love your tiara. I would love to make one. You did a fantastic job on it!

Good Luck...

superstar Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
superstar Posted 9 Sep 2007 , 1:48am
post #4 of 11

A lot will depend on how big the cake is & what else you are putting on it. Your Tiara is beautiful.

wolfley29 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
wolfley29 Posted 9 Sep 2007 , 5:58am
post #5 of 11

I normally charge $2.50 per serving for carved cakes, and add $0.50 per serving if there is fondant. Now, when I did my fondant covered, carved pillow cake with a RI tiara, I charged $3.50 per serving to help cover my time for the tiara.

chocolatestone Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
chocolatestone Posted 5 Oct 2007 , 12:21pm
post #6 of 11

LOVELY WORK!!!! icon_smile.gif Does anyone know where I can find a template for a tiara. I'd like to make one for my niece's birthday

Danielle111 Posted 5 Oct 2007 , 1:08pm
post #7 of 11

Thanks guys! Chocolatestone - you can find tiara patterns under photo gallery/uncategorized/patterns&templates. That's where I got this one - it was one of carrielynnfields' patterns. Thank you carrielynnfields! icon_smile.gif

khoudek Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
khoudek Posted 5 Oct 2007 , 1:59pm
post #8 of 11

Can't help you as I've not made one, just wanted to saythoughthat it is a lovely tiera!!!

Elizabeth19 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Elizabeth19 Posted 5 Oct 2007 , 2:08pm
post #9 of 11

Charge your hourly rate + material cost. If it took you an hour to make (and you charge say $20 an hour) plus the cost to make it (say $3) then $23 is the cost. When you are doing specialty items like this (that customers cant get anywhere else) you also need to charge for your talent. thumbs_up.gif

Danielle111 Posted 5 Oct 2007 , 2:35pm
post #10 of 11

Thank you for all the compliments and advice! I haven't nailed down an hourly rate yet, but I'm working on it. icon_smile.gif

shadowgypsie Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
shadowgypsie Posted 7 Oct 2007 , 4:06am
post #11 of 11

Beth19 is right.

If you don't have an hourly rate set yet then charge a flat rate. I charge for the degree of complication for each tiara I do. An easy design starts out at $15.00 If I add crystals to it I then include the price of the crystals and the time to put them on.

Hope this will help you.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%