Spinningleaf.com - Great Customer Service!!

Baking By TigerFan Updated 24 Sep 2007 , 9:36pm by fragglerock1

TigerFan Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
TigerFan Posted 7 Sep 2007 , 5:13pm
post #1 of 20

I wanted to let you all know of the wonderful experience that I recently had with spinningleaf. After making some chocolate covered oreos I placed the molds in my dishwasher on the top rack for cleaning. I was so upset when I removed them and they were warped - it wasn't just one mold but 4! I contacted spinningleaf told them what happened. They told me that the cookie molds are not dishwasher safe but they will replace all 4 of the molds and ship them to me free of charge!!! What a surprise - this is great customer service!!

19 replies
JenWith Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
JenWith Posted 7 Sep 2007 , 5:15pm
post #2 of 20

They are great, aren't they? Their Nutter Butter molds are awesome too. I just got my latest shipment from them this week. Great company!

mconrey Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mconrey Posted 7 Sep 2007 , 5:32pm
post #3 of 20

Yes - they are FANTASTIC! I ordered from them a while back - before they mentioned that they send one free mold with your order - and was so thrilled to get a free one! What a surprise!

I also remember someone on this site got one of every cookie mold for free because she'd mentioned them on Cake Central and then tons of CCers had placed orders (they were called 3dmolds at the time)!

WIth all this recent talk of the horrible costumer service of SOME shops, it is so nice to support a fantastic, friendly company!

kneadacookie Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kneadacookie Posted 7 Sep 2007 , 7:37pm
post #4 of 20

thanks for the post. i've been wondering about ordering from them and now i definately will

pstaylor5 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
pstaylor5 Posted 9 Sep 2007 , 4:57pm
post #5 of 20

I too have had great customer service from them. The last order I placed, I requested which one I would like for free. Not only did I get that one, they also sent me ANOTHER free one because shipping was a little longer than normal. They are amazing and I love cco and ccnb!!!!! They have a bunch of new molds too if you haven't been there in a while.

fiddlesticks Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
fiddlesticks Posted 9 Sep 2007 , 5:04pm
post #6 of 20

Hey I also love spinningleaf!! get your order in record time . What is cco and ccnb ??? Thanks !

reesesob Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
reesesob Posted 9 Sep 2007 , 5:05pm
post #7 of 20

I LOOOOOOVE spinningleaf! The molds are such great quality and the customer service is AMAZING!

I can't wait to try my nutterbutter ones!

reesesob Posted 9 Sep 2007 , 5:06pm
post #8 of 20
Quote:
Originally Posted by fiddlesticks

Hey I also love spinningleaf!! get your order in record time . What is cco and ccnb ??? Thanks !

Chocolate Covered Oreos

Chocolate Covered Nutter Butters

fiddlesticks Posted 9 Sep 2007 , 5:15pm
post #9 of 20

Thanks ! Does anyone have any pictures of the nutter butter ones done ? I havent seen them ?

JenWith Posted 10 Sep 2007 , 3:11pm
post #10 of 20

We ate our nutter butters before I got a chance to take a picture but I'm planning on making more this week for my husband to take to work so I'll be taking pictures then.

the nutter butters are awesome!

masarost Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
masarost Posted 10 Sep 2007 , 3:23pm
post #11 of 20

What a great idea - here in Canada I haven't seen any website that compares - can anybody tell me how easy the molds are to use and if they look as great as they do in the website pictures - thanks!

reesesob Posted 10 Sep 2007 , 3:37pm
post #12 of 20

They are SO easy to use! I pour my melted chocolate in then place them in the fridge for a bit, when I take them out I give them a ight tap on the counter and the CCO just fall right out. When I am done, I rinse them off and I'm done.

I have a couple of pics of them in my gallery if you'd like to check them out.

pstaylor5 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
pstaylor5 Posted 10 Sep 2007 , 4:14pm
post #13 of 20

And advice on getting the paw print ones to look good when making the print a different color? I can get the others to look great, but because the paw print is 5 different impressions, I can't get it even and it's driving me crazy! My daughter is a coyote cheerleader and I am trying to make the pawprint gold or green on the cco.

Thanks!

fiddlesticks Posted 10 Sep 2007 , 5:22pm
post #14 of 20

JenWith.. Yes please post your nutter butter pics if you make more ! Thanks! Pstaylor5 Can you maybe paint the print part after you take it out of the molds ??? Just a thought !

GeminiRJ Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
GeminiRJ Posted 10 Sep 2007 , 5:31pm
post #15 of 20

masarost...yes, the molds are super easy to use and the results are wonderful. Pour in enough chocolate to fill 1/3 of the mold, rattle the mold on the counter or table to release any air bubbles, push in the Oreo, cover with more chocolate, rattle the mold. I put mine in the fridge for 15 minutes (give or take) then turn them out onto a dish towel. The towel helps prevent any of the chocolate from chipping. A light tap should pop the Oreo out. You can mold an entire bag of Oreos this way in record time!

reesesob Posted 10 Sep 2007 , 5:46pm
post #16 of 20

This is what I did when I did the pink ribbon cookies for a breat cancer aweness fundraiser. I put the pink melts into a disposable piping bag and melted it in the microwave, cut the tip off to make it the size of a 2 or 3 tip, pipped it into the ribbon, tapped the mold to get it even then placed it in fridge for 5 minutes.

I then put melted white chocolate into another bag cut the tip to about a 5 or 6 and piped it about 1/4 full, tapped it to make sure it was even, put an oreo (I found that the double stuffed cookies are too big to do these) in and pushed down to make chocolate come up the sides. (be careful not to push it too far in otherwise you will see the oreo throught them if using white chocolate when you unmold them) then I piped more chocolate over the top and tapped again to get all the air bubbles out. I then returned it to the fridge until set (about 15 minutes or so). I also used chocolate gloves when unmolding them to prevent finger prints in them because my hands were making them melt very quickly.

I hope this is helpful and if I can help you with anything else please don't hesitate to ask.

jessieb578 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
jessieb578 Posted 17 Sep 2007 , 6:49pm
post #17 of 20

woohoo! I agree with ya'll I just got my order today and had NO idea about the free mold - what a surprise! I can't wait to use these!

MandyBs Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
MandyBs Posted 20 Sep 2007 , 1:46am
post #18 of 20

I got my cookie molds today! icon_biggrin.gif They are much nicer than I expected - very sturdy and thick. And the sample mold was a full sheet of molds! I thought it would be a strip cut from the regular sheet! Very pleased and will be a repeat customer!

JenWith Posted 20 Sep 2007 , 1:28pm
post #19 of 20

Next time you order, I'm sure there will be a next time, you can request a specific mold design for free and if they have enough, that's the one you'll get. I requested 2 different design choices, whichever one they had more of and I got 1 of the ones I requested. They are awesome for sure!

fragglerock1 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
fragglerock1 Posted 24 Sep 2007 , 9:36pm
post #20 of 20
Quote:
Quote:

I also remember someone on this site got one of every cookie mold for free because she'd mentioned them on Cake Central and then tons of CCers had placed orders (they were called 3dmolds at the time)!

That was me! I use my molds all the time and I'm about to order some nutter butter molds too. [/code]

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%