Wilton Course 1,help!

Decorating By chrystal_86 Updated 7 Sep 2007 , 3:09pm by sweetcakes

chrystal_86 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
chrystal_86 Posted 6 Sep 2007 , 10:06pm
post #1 of 6

I guess I was too ready to buy supplies and was side tracted at my first class last night.She has instructed us to bring icing and a cake.So i was going to make a batch of mini cakes....do i bring the whole batch or one cake?What consistancy of icing should it be?

5 replies
leily Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
leily Posted 6 Sep 2007 , 11:31pm
post #2 of 6

If you take a look in your course book for the next week there will be a list of what type of icing you need to bring (I believe there is a couple different consistencies they want you to have)

It will also tell you the tips/colors/and what size of cake to bring (unless she told you different-ours was very open to whatever we wanted to bring so we didn't have to go buy a new pan, but a lot of people still did)

not sure if this helped or not but I hope it did.

deetmar Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
deetmar Posted 6 Sep 2007 , 11:36pm
post #3 of 6

I don't know if they all teach the same. Usually, they want you to bring the basic buttercream frosting. They will show you how to thin it down to use for covering the cake, and different decorating tools. Usually, they ask you to bring a 6" x 3" to the first class. I would call the instructor or the store and ask them, different classes get further than others.

CAKESHERWAY Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
CAKESHERWAY Posted 7 Sep 2007 , 12:20am
post #4 of 6

For my first class, the teacher had us bring a cake (or I'd say to bring three cupcakes) and the class buttercream (recipe in the course book) and make it stiff, then also divde out enought to make medium and thin consistency. Put the BC in containers and lable them so you are ready, or put them in decorating bags with couplings ready to use. Don't forget your tips, paper towels, and plastic bags! Have fun!

alanahodgson Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
alanahodgson Posted 7 Sep 2007 , 2:58am
post #5 of 6

the first cake we made was the rainbow cake. We used a picture of a rainbow and piping gel to transfer the image to our cake. The cake needed to be large enough to take the rainbow. I can't remember if the rainbow is in the back of the book or not. We had to bring a 8" round.

sweetcakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sweetcakes Posted 7 Sep 2007 , 3:09pm
post #6 of 6

why not give your instructor a call, she will be more then happy to help, but do take a look in the book first as the list is in there, then if you have additional questions that it didnt answer give her the call.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%