Non Seeping Raspberry Filling?

Baking By springlakecake Updated 10 Nov 2006 , 3:00pm by Lauree

springlakecake Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
springlakecake Posted 5 Nov 2006 , 8:33pm
post #1 of 8

Wondering if anyone has a good raspberry filling that is sort of thick, like it wont be seeping into the cake. I once made some raspberry filling and even did a thin layer of BC but is completely soaked the cake. It was terrible. I have been afraid to make raspberry again. I bought some in the sleeve from countrykitchens because everyone raved about them. It just tasted ok to me, sort of like donut filling. Not bad, but I want something a little better. Anyone have anything like this they could share with me!?

7 replies
cmcgarr Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cmcgarr Posted 5 Nov 2006 , 8:39pm
post #2 of 8

I make my fillings SMBC and add Vergers Boiron fruit purees to them. They have an amazing raspberry puree!! and it incorporates nicely into the SMBC.

noreen816 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
noreen816 Posted 5 Nov 2006 , 8:45pm
post #3 of 8

Ive never made a filling but yesterday I made my mom's b-day cake with raspberry in the middle, it was polaner raspberry jelly (jam?) I cant remember, but it didn't seep at all , it was great!

nenufares Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
nenufares Posted 5 Nov 2006 , 8:48pm
post #4 of 8

I fill some of my cakes with "smuckers" raspberry jam, directly form the jar, never had a "soaking" problem.

Luby Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Luby Posted 5 Nov 2006 , 8:49pm
post #5 of 8

I just buy the store brand raspberry preserves because it really has a good flavor. I've never been a big fan of the fillings in the plastic sleeves. I do use the lemon flavor and chocolate flavor in my Doberge cakes, but that's really the only two I use.

jennycakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
jennycakes Posted 5 Nov 2006 , 8:52pm
post #6 of 8

I've used raspberry jam& had no problems...but the trick to it not seeping out is to pipe a thick ring of BC around cake, then fill in w/jam...it provides a sturdy barrier & keeps your jam in & not seeping through sides of cake. I've never had it seep thru the cake before...hope that helps icon_smile.gif

czyadgrl Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
czyadgrl Posted 10 Nov 2006 , 2:49pm
post #7 of 8

You can also mix raspberry preserves with buttercream. It stays almost as thick as the buttercream originally, comes out a beautiful pinky red shade and tastes great. You can vary the amound of "raspberry-ness" by adding more or less preserves to taste.

Lauree Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Lauree Posted 10 Nov 2006 , 3:00pm
post #8 of 8

I have also used seedless raspberry jam mixed in with buttercream for a wedding cake and they loved it! As mentioned above, you can vary the amount for flavor and no seeping!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%