Flavor Combo

Decorating By reenie Updated 5 Nov 2006 , 10:35pm by mommykicksbutt

reenie Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
reenie Posted 5 Nov 2006 , 3:59pm
post #1 of 3

I'm planning on sending a cake through the mail this week for my lil sis' 16th b-day. She's into goth stuff and mentioned a while back she wanted a black cake with skulls on it. I plan on covering the cake in chocolate fondant colored black but have no idea what flavor cake and filling to use in it. I don't think she has any prefferances (she loves any sweets no matter the flavor like me). I was wanting to do maybe a butter rum cake, but what filling and icing could I use that doesn't need to be refridgerated? TIA

2 replies
JanH Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
JanH Posted 5 Nov 2006 , 4:56pm
post #2 of 3

Sound great to me!

http://cakecentral.com/cake-decorating-ftopict-49103-rum.html

Was thinking with the goth theme you would be doing a black-out or mud cake - it's just what popped into my head when I heard "goth".

mommykicksbutt Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mommykicksbutt Posted 5 Nov 2006 , 10:35pm
post #3 of 3

the whole "goth" thing could be seen as a "shocker" to the whole society norm, so, with that in mind, do something totally un-characteristic with the flavors, it may be black (dark brown) and the expectation it would be chocolate but... Do something weird like watermelon and peppermint, or peanut butter and lemon, the flavors can completement or not complement in this case, it would all depend on whose going to eat it! This would be really fun to do! Mix and unmatch. Have fun for sure! thumbs_up.gif

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%