Stealing From Duff?!?

Lounge By TheresaXXX Updated 6 Sep 2007 , 11:13am by bakedandiced

TheresaXXX Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
TheresaXXX Posted 6 Sep 2007 , 4:09am
post #1 of 3

Ive seen people post on Cake Central about people using pictures of other peoples cakes on their website and claiming credit. I know this is a cake related topic, but I am so shocked that I wanted to show everyone! I came across this website the other day www.jetcitycakes.com.

Apparently, Paul the Ninja Quinn has moved to Seattle. And looking closely at his gallery, the pictures are pretty much all ones that were done on Ace of Cakes. The problem I see is that a bunch of them are cakes other decorators on Ace of Cakes were shown making! I dont even think he was working there when they did the bumper cars. And we all saw that Jeff did the stadium and most of the buildings cakes (well, except the rowhouse that fell apart)!

Are they shown as examples of what can be done in cake? Or what HE can do? It sure looks to me like hes trying to show that HE can do them. Theres no disclaimer saying that they were made at Charm City Cakes (by the CCC staff not just him). Does Paul really think he can just put up those pictures and take credit just because he worked at Charm City Cakes? I cant believe that Duff is allowing this!

2 replies
KHalstead Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
KHalstead Posted 6 Sep 2007 , 11:05am
post #2 of 3

going by the name Jet City Cakes and the fact that he has a ton of pics from Charm City I would gather that Duff IS definitely allowing him to do this!!! No way someone would be THAT braisen!!!!! He definitely has Duff's go ahead.........I imagine his cake shop is almost like a "branch" of charm city cakes!

bakedandiced Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
bakedandiced Posted 6 Sep 2007 , 11:13am
post #3 of 3

I agree, he most likely has Duff's go ahead. He even gives homage to Duff on his home page.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%