2 Questions; 1 Pricing, 1 Serving

Business By andiesweet Updated 6 Sep 2007 , 2:09am by Sunspotalli

andiesweet Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
andiesweet Posted 6 Sep 2007 , 1:59am
post #1 of 3

O, first question: I was wondering how all of you charge for chocolate decorations. I use white choco clay for most of my decorations flowers, figures stars etc... and now I am ready to start charging for my work. how should I charge for these items... do you charge for each flower or what?
Secondly, I recently delivered a birthday cake and the mom was afraid it wouldn't be enough for 25 people ( it was an 8" with a 6" stacked ontop) Should I also give them a cake cutting chart so they can see how to get the number of serving they should from a cake?

2 replies
indydebi Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
indydebi Posted 6 Sep 2007 , 2:06am
post #2 of 3

Most people are used to cutting small round cakes in triangles, or pizza style. So when you tell them 25 pcs, they are trying to imagine how in the world.......? icon_confused.gif So a cutting chart would be very handy.

You can also print out or refer them to my website, where I have a photo step-by-step on cutting round cakes: http://cateritsimple.com/_wsn/page19.html

Sunspotalli Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Sunspotalli Posted 6 Sep 2007 , 2:09am
post #3 of 3

as far as the decorations go i'm no help there, i'm nearly all butter cream but as far as the servings a guide never hurts. people seem to think that cakes pieces should be huge. I like to give a guide so that they will see, I also ask them how many people they plan to serve and give them an estimate on how big the pieces they will have for the cake they are asking for, oddly enough when i show them what size the pieces will be they go with a bigger cake. More power to ya.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%