Bct Insight

Decorating By meme Updated 22 Jul 2005 , 2:38pm by meme

meme Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
meme Posted 22 Jul 2005 , 2:23pm
post #1 of 3

okay I read the article fot the BCT. It doesn't seem hard but my concern is it shows you icing the back of the transfer the same as the cake I am worried if I do that I will mess up the design.. Is that step necessary? Or does it turn out okay A friend of mine tried the BCT before and I do not think she did it right she filled it in with stars instead of tips 1-5 it crumbled when she tried to transfer it. Please give me some insight on this because I would love to try it after seeing so many nice cakes on this website.

2 replies
Misdawn Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Misdawn Posted 22 Jul 2005 , 2:29pm
post #2 of 3

I have found thst you really do need this step just to add some depth to the transfer. If you skip it, the transfer will be too thin and crack or break. I have also found that when doing this step, spread the icing on very gently and lightly, THEN go back over it and apply slight pressure to smooth out air bubbles. IT's best if you do it on plexiglass so that you can see the other side and see spots where you need to apply more pressure. Hope I explained that well enough.

meme Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
meme Posted 22 Jul 2005 , 2:38pm
post #3 of 3

I have some left over icing I might try this today.. My hubby wants me to make him a cake anyway

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%