I Think I've Discovered The Promised Land!!!!

Decorating By QueenB4U Updated 5 Sep 2007 , 11:24pm by kjt

QueenB4U Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
QueenB4U Posted 4 Sep 2007 , 10:06pm
post #1 of 14

Based on the great tips here at CC I tried the WASC recipe this week-end for the first time.

I used BC white cake mix and substituted Coffee-mate Pralines and Cream liquid creamer for the water. Torted the thing and filled it with blackberry mousse filling. I then made the Crusting Buttercream recipe (first time there as well) and switched in Coffee-mate Amaretto liquid creamer.

Mercy, me oh my!!!! I have discovered the Promised Land of culinary delight!!!!

Thank you, thank you, thank you, to the wonderful posters here at CC. I feel like I've come home. icon_biggrin.gif

13 replies
Tweedie Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Tweedie Posted 4 Sep 2007 , 10:14pm
post #2 of 14

Wow, that sounds dee-lish! Did you replace ALL of the water with creamer? I did that and my cake completely sunk in the middle. Tasted good though!

QueenB4U Posted 4 Sep 2007 , 10:21pm
post #3 of 14

Good point. No I didn't because I read that the cake would likely sink.

I made half of the WASC recipe so the total water amount was 1 1/3 cups. So substituted just over 1/3 cup of creamer for the water. Christian woman that I am, I almost worshiped that cake.

Steady2Hands Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Steady2Hands Posted 4 Sep 2007 , 10:27pm
post #4 of 14

You make that sound like it's worth blowing my diet. I'll have to give it a try thumbs_up.gif

UGoCakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
UGoCakes Posted 4 Sep 2007 , 10:29pm
post #5 of 14

ouhh blackberry mouse - yum, is that recipe on here or is it your own? Do you mind sharing?

frostedbliss Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
frostedbliss Posted 4 Sep 2007 , 10:33pm
post #6 of 14

QueenB4U...can't wait to try it! It does sound so deelissh! I just may have to go to Wally World right now and get what I need! I would like the blackberry mousse recipe too! icon_biggrin.gif

QueenB4U Posted 4 Sep 2007 , 10:44pm
post #7 of 14

I took the Raspberry Mousse Filling recipe contributed by CakeL8T (link below) and substituted seedless blackberry 'jam' by Polaner All-Fruit.

http://www.cakecentral.com/cake_recipe-4963-Raspberry-Mousse-Filling.html

The filling sets up beautifully and doesn't soak into the cake. Lots of possibilities!

Chericakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Chericakes Posted 4 Sep 2007 , 11:05pm
post #8 of 14

I had wondered how another flavor would taste with tha recipe. I've done the raspberry, it's yummy. The blackberry sounds wonderful. Thanks for the tip icon_smile.gif

EatYourCake Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
EatYourCake Posted 4 Sep 2007 , 11:35pm
post #9 of 14

Glad to hear that recipe is good! I am going to use it for a cake I am doing this weekend. Tell me, is it light in texture and taste?

WarEagle Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
WarEagle Posted 5 Sep 2007 , 12:17am
post #10 of 14

I feel the same way as QueenB4U...I've found the Promised Land! I stumbled upon this site by accident and immediately became addicted. This is now my home page, and I spend hours each day browsing the posts...my DH wonders what I do all day! icon_biggrin.gif

QueenB4U Posted 5 Sep 2007 , 12:55am
post #11 of 14

EatYourCake -

The texture was more 'medium' than 'light' but it certainly wasn't heavy which you might expect, considering how well it held together.

The Pralines and Cream clearly came out in the taste but it wasn't dominating. I'd say light is a good description there.

EatYourCake Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
EatYourCake Posted 5 Sep 2007 , 1:46am
post #12 of 14

oops! Guess I should have specified. How did the mousse filling turn out? Light, heavy, super sweet, mild???

QueenB4U Posted 5 Sep 2007 , 1:52am
post #13 of 14

LOL!

The filling was light and mild. Not overly sweet. You could taste the blackberry but it mainly blended in w/the overall flavor.

kjt Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kjt Posted 5 Sep 2007 , 11:24pm
post #14 of 14

thanks so much for this...can't wait to try it icon_smile.gif

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%