Here We Go.. Vendors Lists, Signature Cakes?

Business By FlowerGirlMN Updated 6 Sep 2007 , 5:34am by MustloveDogs

FlowerGirlMN Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
FlowerGirlMN Posted 4 Sep 2007 , 8:25pm
post #1 of 4

Hopefully this won't get as controversial as "what to wear" icon_smile.gif ..

Just got a call from one of the venues I mailled last week. Says she'd love to put me on the vendors' list (says she gives it to EVERY bride!), and she will take me up on my sample cake offer.. now I have an appointment for later this week!

So.. wish me luck, for one.

Secondly.. I asked if she was more chocolate or vanilla in taste, she indicated chocolate. I seem to be veering towards dark chocolate cake w/chambord soak w/ raspberry mousse or buttercream as a "signature" cake. Should I bring that? Or should I do something different, like my dark chocolate turtle? That one's not as pretty on the inside.

I was also thinking of using ganache (spread) on the outside, nothing too fancy, but really tasty... but then was thinking that if I do this, maybe I should also use ganache as the filling.. so maybe I should go for the turtle cake. (ganache with dulche de leche and pecans inside). Thoughts?

One last thing.. what should I wear?

LOL. Kidding on that last one!

I need to go collect my photos and have them printed!

3 replies
meredetrois Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
meredetrois Posted 4 Sep 2007 , 8:33pm
post #2 of 4

That's great that you are being put on the vendor's list icon_smile.gif I hope it all goes well for you! The turtle cake sounds really yummy icon_biggrin.gif

alanahodgson Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
alanahodgson Posted 6 Sep 2007 , 2:06am
post #3 of 4

I think the chocolate with raspbery sounds more elegant and wedding like. To ganache or not to ganache...that is the question....you didn't mention what kind of ganache. If it has raspberry flavor in it I so go for it, otherwise the raspberry mousse sounds really delicious and elegant. Goood Luck!!

MustloveDogs Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
MustloveDogs Posted 6 Sep 2007 , 5:34am
post #4 of 4

I would think that chocolate ganache would go well with raspberries. Yum!
They both sound great, go with the one you are proudest of. That is my key!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%