Edible Images???

Decorating By OhMyGoodies Updated 5 Sep 2007 , 7:33am by JanH

OhMyGoodies Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
OhMyGoodies Posted 4 Sep 2007 , 12:24pm
post #1 of 4

I have an order for a High School Musical Cake... I showed her pictures I found here on CC and she's decided on the following cake.... but with some changes. http://www.cakecentral.com/cake-photo_85901.html

The changes she's made are she wants a 1/2 - 1/4 sheet... so cut it in half down the middle lol... with the attached photo as an edible image. The image sorrounded by yellow boarder instead of blue and the rest the same... a dozen cupcakes iced in red and yellow with black music notes on top.

Now my question... where the heck do I get an edible image from!? Is there anyone on here that has an edible image printer that can print it to me and mail it to me? lol I'm worried that if I go to the grocery store bakery for the image they will charge me an arm and a leg for the darn thing lol. So does anyone know anyone that can help me out? lol Here is the image I need. Also how long does it stay "good" for?? The party isn't until January but I wanted to find out the info now. Also if I get it early because yall say it'll keep... how do I store it? lol
LL

3 replies
gmcakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
gmcakes Posted 4 Sep 2007 , 12:49pm
post #2 of 4

Just did a search and found lots of suppliers for HS Musical edible images, Amazon.com and eBay are listed plus tons of others! Here is a link to an image that is almost identical to the pic above:

http://puredecadence.us/

The background has been edited a little but it's the same picture! I am not familiar with this supplier, but I have them book marked for future use!

As for edible images, and storage...
when I get my edible images in (I have a printer), they are stored in a heavy duty Ziploc bag, and have a shelf life of about a year. If you order the image online it should stay well in the bag it is shipped in. I also recommend storing them away from light, definitely away from fluorescent light, it can cause the colors to fade. I store my images and supplies in their original packaging, laying flat, inside a cabinet.

HTH!
glenda

OhMyGoodies Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
OhMyGoodies Posted 4 Sep 2007 , 1:17pm
post #3 of 4

Thank you so much!!!! I've bookmarked their homepage and will probably end up purchasing from them in December closer to the date lol. Thanks so much!

Anyone else want to add anything??

JanH Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
JanH Posted 5 Sep 2007 , 7:33am
post #4 of 4

Thanks for sharing, Glenda. icon_smile.gif

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%