Cake Cental Basics....

Decorating By jespooky Updated 3 Nov 2006 , 3:56am by ctorno

jespooky Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
jespooky Posted 3 Nov 2006 , 1:17am
post #1 of 9

Ok all, I defiantly feel DENSE asking some of these things! Since i'm not only new to CC but Cake decorating in general, please bear with me.

How do i leave a comment for someone's picture? I've tried a few times with no luck....

You all have a cute little short hand....like "DH" or "DD" Do these stand for dear husband or dear daughter? hehe

and last but not least, i have made "buttercream Dream" 3 times, and i seem to be getting lumps of butter or crisco, not matter how long i beat it....any suggestions? Thanks for listening!

icon_redface.gif

8 replies
OhMyGoodies Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
OhMyGoodies Posted 3 Nov 2006 , 1:31am
post #2 of 9

To leave a comment on a picture go to the picture page to view the full sized pic and below the picture is a space to enter text. EDIT: I checked on your photos to see if I was 100% correct on this and you don't have the comment feature turned on. You can do this by going to My Forum Info link on the left hand side of any CC page. icon_smile.gif

The DH thing has gotten me too lmao. Sometimes I can tell they mean Ducan Hines cake mix but only when they are talking about cakes lol when I assume they are talking about their hubby's I assume it means Dearest Husband or Dam..... Husband lol.

I was going to ask this question myself for their little short hand slang dictionary lol.

Becky

NEWTODECORATING Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
OhMyGoodies Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
OhMyGoodies Posted 3 Nov 2006 , 1:58am
post #4 of 9

Thanks bunches!!! I was right on the few I guessed on lol. icon_smile.gif I could add a few myself but they aren't cake related and aren't very lady-like lol. icon_wink.gif

jespooky Posted 3 Nov 2006 , 3:20am
post #5 of 9

Thanks!!! That certainly clears things up!! But i still cant seem to leave comments...... i turned on my comments thing for my photos at least...But everytime i try to type in the space provided for a picture comment, it doesn't work icon_sad.gif

NEWTODECORATING Posted 3 Nov 2006 , 3:29am
post #6 of 9

Ok this may seem silly but are you seeing the entire screen. all the way on the right is a ok button can you click it to leave your comments,but then they still don't show up??

jespooky Posted 3 Nov 2006 , 3:37am
post #7 of 9

yea i can see that button, i get the little icon that tells me i can type...you know that little cursor....but when i click on the space it does nothing, i try to type, nothing.....if i click ok it tells me i have to enter my name and a comment :p i dunno....... icon_cry.gif

NEWTODECORATING Posted 3 Nov 2006 , 3:47am
post #8 of 9

I don't know how to help you. I left you a comment and there isn't a problem there. Maybe leave a little note in the technical support forum.

By the way, welcome to CC! I was looking at your pics. and it looks like you have the bug. There is no hope for you now!!

ctorno Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ctorno Posted 3 Nov 2006 , 3:56am
post #9 of 9

you may need to enable cookies. Many website issues regarding form submissions have to do with cookies being disabled for that site. Refer to the help in your security software....although you are able to submit your post here, so....good luck icon_surprised.gif)

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%