Cookies!!

Baking By sarajohnson Updated 3 Nov 2006 , 9:55am by cakesbyamym

sarajohnson Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sarajohnson Posted 2 Nov 2006 , 3:33am
post #1 of 11

I've looked at all the pictures of the wedding cake shaped cookies, I was wondering what kind of icing or frosting do they use on the cookies and how do they get them so smooth?

Any help would be great thanks!

10 replies
smbegg Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
smbegg Posted 2 Nov 2006 , 3:39am
post #2 of 11

They use Royal Icing

Stephanie

cupcake Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cupcake Posted 2 Nov 2006 , 5:22am
post #3 of 11

Go to the cookie forum, there are several very good recipes for cookie icing on it. Most of them are a thinned down Royal icing, or there is a poured icing.

JanH Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Fairytale Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Fairytale Posted 2 Nov 2006 , 8:50pm
post #5 of 11

I use both royal and fondant. Depends on the look your going for. This one is in fondant. I actually hate this cookie, but it gives you an idea of what fondant looks like on a cookie.
LL

annamata Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
annamata Posted 2 Nov 2006 , 8:56pm
post #6 of 11

Just like Fairytale, I use both fondant & royal icing. It dependents on what effect you're looking for.

noreen816 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
noreen816 Posted 2 Nov 2006 , 9:00pm
post #7 of 11

fairytale, your cookie is so nice!! looks like it was bvery time consuming!!

Marksgirl Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Marksgirl Posted 2 Nov 2006 , 9:00pm
post #8 of 11

Fairytale,

Why would you hate this cookie? I think it is beautiful. thumbs_up.gif

Fairytale Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Fairytale Posted 2 Nov 2006 , 9:17pm
post #9 of 11

Thanks. I don't like this cookie because the stitching doesn't look right. In retrospect I should have done straight lines on the bottom tier, rather than the curve. I also painted it with luster dust, but didn't like the effect. Was happy with the flowers thought. I generally hate most of what I make, but I keep trying.

sweeteecakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sweeteecakes Posted 2 Nov 2006 , 9:40pm
post #10 of 11

Fairytale your cookie looks fabulous! Stitching and all.

cakesbyamym Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cakesbyamym Posted 3 Nov 2006 , 9:55am
post #11 of 11

I use fondant and royal icing, too. BTW>>>Fairytale...your cookie is awesome!!! I don't know who to attribute my "system" of decorating to, but of course, I picked it up right here on CC. LOL. I use the NFSC recipe...while they're baking in the oven, I use the same cookie cutter for the cookies baking and cut out THIN fondant "cookies." When the cookies come out of the oven, the fondant is put on those that were just baked, and wah...lah...perfect little cookies. I decorated with royal icing. Thanks to whomever mentioned this technique!!! My cookie orders have gone through the roof since introducing this method about 3 weeks ago to my customers. Thanks!!! Pictures of my wedding cookies and baseball cookies are in my photos, as I never can figure out how to post within a thread. icon_sad.gif

Amy

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%