Any Interest In Starting A Cake Club In Arlington/dallas Tx?

Decorating By maeliza Updated 15 Nov 2006 , 3:24am by curiegas

maeliza Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
maeliza Posted 1 Nov 2006 , 9:03pm
post #1 of 21

I am so excited about cake decorating. Trying different recipes and decorating techniques. I would love to have a cake club in the Arlington/Dallas area (I am flexible). There is one listed however, I have tried to contact but no response. So I am not sure if they are still meeting (if anyone knows please let me know). Yes, there are active clubs in Denton and McKinney, but what a drive. I would really like to form one in this area so that it wouldn't be a hardship to get to. We could start out at each other homes. Are there any other people that would like to get together. We could even form an alliance, for backup purposes.

20 replies
Bradymom6 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Bradymom6 Posted 9 Nov 2006 , 6:57pm
post #2 of 21

I live in Mesquite and would definitely be interested in starting a cake club in the area. I am not very familiar with the Dallas/Arlington area as I don't get out of Mesquite much, but would love to join up with others in the area.
Bradymom

mcalhoun Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mcalhoun Posted 9 Nov 2006 , 7:02pm
post #3 of 21

I wouldn't mind either. I am in Rowlett - not too far from Mesquite but a pretty good drive from Arlington (1hr).
Melissa

smbegg Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
smbegg Posted 9 Nov 2006 , 7:04pm
post #4 of 21

I am game, but I too am on the east side-Plano

Stephanie

coolchc21 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
coolchc21 Posted 9 Nov 2006 , 7:11pm
post #5 of 21

smbegg, I'm also on the east side of Plano. Forgive me for asking, but what exactly is a cake club? Sounds like fun! icon_biggrin.gif

mcalhoun Posted 10 Nov 2006 , 1:12am
post #6 of 21

Have any of you ladies taken any classes at cake carosel?

juliecris Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
juliecris Posted 10 Nov 2006 , 1:23am
post #7 of 21

I live in Aubrey and did not know one was in Denton. Can anyone give me a contact for the one in Denton?

SUGARBETH Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
SUGARBETH Posted 10 Nov 2006 , 1:34am
post #8 of 21

I would all so like to go to a cake club or have a day of sharing.I'm in the fort smith Ark. area . Anyone out there in my area.Would be fun.

Aster Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Aster Posted 10 Nov 2006 , 2:09am
post #9 of 21

I have never taken a class at cake carousel. I do go there often though. I live nearby. I also work for a corporate bakery that has access to decopac. So I can order stuff for anyone who wants it and sell it at cost to you. I am to busy to help organize or anything along those lines. I can bring lots of stuff from work though. I really don't know how to bake just decorate. I would love to learn from some real bakers and decorators who decorate for fun not just for a paycheck.

kre8iv_gal Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kre8iv_gal Posted 10 Nov 2006 , 2:16am
post #10 of 21

Yes!!! I am definitely interested. SIGN ME UP! icon_biggrin.gif

mcalhoun Posted 10 Nov 2006 , 7:49pm
post #11 of 21

That would be awesome Aster what type of things can you get? Please PM me with all the details!

maeliza Posted 10 Nov 2006 , 8:06pm
post #12 of 21

icon_cool.gif I am so excited about the response.

Someone asked what is a cake club. A cake club is for those who do cakes like us, get together and share ideas and techniques. It may even inspire some to try something different that you wouldn't normally try to do. Also, it is a good place to find support and backup. If you do cakes as a business when you explore different ideas and tips from others it can help you become a better baker.

The only cake club I know that is already established is in Denton. I just thought it was too far of a drive for me.

For those who are interested we could start or meet at a local restuarant and discuss the details over a tall glass of Ice Tea. Does anyone have an idea of where we could meet? I'm willing to drive a little.

Aster Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Aster Posted 10 Nov 2006 , 8:32pm
post #13 of 21

I'll just post here to see if everybody can use this stuff. Or think of something in particular that I can try and get. First off any thing you want from decopac or Bakerycraft I can order directly or get it from Merchants. I have tons supplies like spatulas, varieties of combs and lots of tips. Fun ones like drop flowers, different leaf tips, also side icers couplers, nails, etc. I can bring a couple of turntables. I can also bring an airbrush compressor.
Thats all I can think of off of the top of my head.

veejaytx Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
veejaytx Posted 10 Nov 2006 , 9:47pm
post #14 of 21

Hi, I'd love to connect with a group of cake folks too, I'm in Carrollton, sort of in between all of you, I guess. I don't drive too far from home these days but would give it a try if it wasn't too long distance.

I believe there is also a club in Lewisville, and I believe at least one of their members is also a CC member. There might be some info in the Events forum, in some of the older posts. Janice

maeliza Posted 13 Nov 2006 , 4:33pm
post #15 of 21

Okay, I will throw out this invite and let's see what we get. How does this sound for all that are interested? We could meet at:

Pappasito's Cantina 10433 Lombardy Lane, Dallas, TX 75220
I'm flexible with dates
1) Friday, December 15 at 7:00PM (time for those with a 9 - 5 to make it)
2) Saturday, December 16 at 1:00PM

This place is close to HWY 35 & Northwest FRWY. Is this a good spot? Does anyone have any other suggestions? I am completely flexible, but figured someone has to get the ball rolling.

We could meet in public area and discuss future meeting places and times.

sweetcakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sweetcakes Posted 13 Nov 2006 , 5:13pm
post #16 of 21

the denton cake club meeting is this Tuesday if anyone close enough is interested. PM me and i will send you the details. this month we are doing a 3D xmas cookie workshop, which means everyone gets to do one, and a taste testing.

Bradymom6 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Bradymom6 Posted 13 Nov 2006 , 6:31pm
post #17 of 21

Saturday, December 16 would work good for me. I just need to know where exactly it is. I don't get to Dallas that much, so directions from Mesquite would be good.
Bradymom

GolfAddict Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
GolfAddict Posted 13 Nov 2006 , 8:44pm
post #18 of 21

WHOA!!! I was looking for another topic and stumbled upon this one.

I live in Mansfield, so Arlington is really close. How often will the club meet? If it is once a month or something then driving a little further is no biggie.

Although, I work full time and go to school full-time (while planning a wedding) so I don't know exactly how much time I could commit. I am more flexible on the weekends and an occasional Friday night.

maeliza Posted 13 Nov 2006 , 9:07pm
post #19 of 21

Meeting once a month would be ideal.

The restuarant I am proposing is close to Texas Stadium (Loop 12 & Hwy 35). There are several restuarants in the area (Pappas Bro., Texas Land & Cattle). Go to www.mapquest.com and see if it is feasible for you. I was trying to find something in the middle as we all know DFW covers a large area.

smbegg Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
smbegg Posted 14 Nov 2006 , 4:51pm
post #20 of 21

I'm game, I would love to get to know some more people in the area. I am fairly new to Texas and I do not know anyone who is into cakes. Keep me posted on what you decide!

Stephanie

curiegas Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
curiegas Posted 15 Nov 2006 , 3:24am
post #21 of 21

I would love to meet. Saturdays would be best for me because I work nights.

Bradymom6 - -The easiest way to get there from Mesquite is to take I30 to Downtown Dallas. Then when you are in the mixmaster take I35 North to Denton. Follow I 35 until you see the Northwest Hwy exit. There you will exit and turn to the left. Depending on which restaraunt is decided on they are all right there past the underpass of I35.

Cecilia

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%