Peanut Butter Fudge

Baking By carolinakids3 Updated 6 Sep 2007 , 1:52pm by NTxWriter

carolinakids3 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
carolinakids3 Posted 2 Sep 2007 , 7:53pm
post #1 of 13

I'm looking for a peanut butter fudge recipe. I had it at one time but can't find it. I got it from Wilton it was on the same page with directions for hamburger cake pan 1986?? I know it called for candy melts. It was the best fudge I have ever eaten. PLEASE can anyone help me??? icon_cry.gificon_biggrin.gif Thanks Tammy [email protected]

12 replies
7yyrt Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
7yyrt Posted 3 Sep 2007 , 7:20pm
post #2 of 13

I know of peanut butter fudge, but have not seen that recipe. Let me bump you so someone else might be able to help.

JILBRY Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
JILBRY Posted 3 Sep 2007 , 7:37pm
post #3 of 13

Is this the one you are talking about? I guess you would just add peanut butter to this recipe.

http://www.wilton.com/recipes/recipesandprojects/misc/fudge.cfm

HTH

The peanut butter fudge I make is a different recipe. I might try this one. It is a Christmas favorite in this house.

SugarFrosted Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
SugarFrosted Posted 3 Sep 2007 , 7:56pm
post #4 of 13

On one of Alton Brown's "Good Eats" episodes, he gave the following recipe:

Microwave Peanut Butter Fudge
Into a microwave bowl, put 2 sticks butter & 1 Cup Peanut Butter.
Cover with plastic wrap, micro on High for 2 minutes.
Fold wrap back enough to stir.
Recover and micro 2 more minutes on High.
Add 1 tsp Vanilla and 16 oz Powdered Sugar.
Stir till "dull". When too hard to stir, press into buttered 8x8 dish.
Cover with plastic wrap, chill. Cut into squares.

I have made it several times and I think one more line should be added to the recipe:
"...and eat the whole thing in one sitting." icon_wink.gif

Gotta love that Alton!

chocolateandpeanutbutter Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
chocolateandpeanutbutter Posted 3 Sep 2007 , 7:58pm
post #5 of 13

I have one for chocolate peanut butter fudge, and it's really easy and it's extremely yummy:

2 cups chocolate chips
1 1/2 cups peanut butter
1 can sweetened condensed milk

Melt chocolate chips and peanut butter in large bowl in the microwave for 2 min. Stir until melted, then stir in sweetened condensed milk. Mix with a wooden spoon until mixture thickens and starts to lose it's gloss. Spread into buttered or parchment-lined 8" square pan and let cool.

You could make this all peanut butter, if you used peanut butter chips, instead of chocolate chips, I suppose. Butterscotch chips would be great, too!

The Wilton recipe previously posted could be made with Peanut Butter Candy melts to make it peanut butter flavour.

NEWTODECORATING Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
NEWTODECORATING Posted 3 Sep 2007 , 8:12pm
post #6 of 13

I am trying to find the recipe you wanted. I have the 1986 yearbook was it in there? I also have the Complete Wilton book of candy that has a fudge recipe in it calling for candy coating. Do you remember if it was in the yearbook? Did it call for sour cream??

justsweet Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
justsweet Posted 3 Sep 2007 , 8:14pm
post #7 of 13

Here is one I make every christmas, the plate gets clean fast.

Creamy Peanut Butter Fudge

9x13 inch dish.

4 cups white sugar
1 cup light brown sugar
1/2 cup butter
1 (12 fluid ounce) can evaporated milk
1 (7 ounce) jar marshmallow creme
1 (16 ounce) jar peanut butter
1 teaspoon vanilla extract

Grease a 9x13 inch baking dish.

In a medium saucepan over medium heat, combine sugar, brown sugar, butter and evaporated milk. Bring to a boil, stirring constantly, and boil for 7 minutes. Remove from heat; stir in marshmallow creme until well incorporated and melted. Stir in peanut butter and vanilla until smooth; spread in prepared pan.

Let cool before cutting into squares.

Makes 24 servings

NTxWriter Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
NTxWriter Posted 4 Sep 2007 , 4:29pm
post #8 of 13

I've always used the recipe on the Hershey's cocoa box and added peanut butter to it and it turns out great. These recipes sound yummy too!

spoiledbyneil Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
spoiledbyneil Posted 4 Sep 2007 , 4:51pm
post #9 of 13

I use the recipe on the "fluff" container, just put peanut butter instead of choc. Also use the bakers sugar

BCJean Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
BCJean Posted 4 Sep 2007 , 4:55pm
post #10 of 13

I don't have the recipe you are looking for, but.......

I have a family who think they cannot have Christmas without peanut butter fudge. I have experimented with dozens of recipes. I came up with this recipe, on my own, in 1998 and have used nothing else since then. It is the best, melt in your mouth, full peanut butter tasting fudge, ever.
You may want to give it a try sometime. This recipe is like using scratch cake recipes however. Timing and temperature are crucial. The end results, when perfected, are wonderful.

PEANUT BUTTER FUDGE
1 cup cream
2 1/2 cups sugar
1/2 cup corn syrup
1/4 cup butter
1 cup peanut butter
1 tsp. vanilla
Mix cream, sugar and syrup. Cook over med. fire until it forms a med. ball in water (240-245). Remove from fire, add butter, peanut butter and vanilla. Beat until stiff. Pour into buttered pan. When cool cut into squares.
note...this only takes 10-15 minutes to cook ...so watch it close.

NTxWriter Posted 4 Sep 2007 , 5:05pm
post #11 of 13

My family is the very same about Christmas and peanut butter fudge! I will try your recipe this Christmas and see what they think. It sounds delicious.

Joan in Tx

AuntieElle Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
AuntieElle Posted 6 Sep 2007 , 6:41am
post #12 of 13

Here's the recipe I use. It came from my Grandmother. It never fails to turn out GREAT!

Peanut Butter Fudge
3 c Brown Sugar
2/3 c evaporated milk
1 7oz jar Marshmallow Creme
1 c smooth peanut butter
2 tsp Vanilla
2 c miniature marshmallows
1 c unsalted peanuts (optional)
1/2 c margarine

Combine brown sugar, milk and margarine in a heavy sauce pan. Bring to a full boil, stirring constantly. Boil to 250 degrees for 5-7 minutes sirring frequently (refrain from scraping the sides of pan) remove from heat, stir in marshmallow creme, peanut butter and vanilla, stirring until smooth. Stir in miniature marshmallows and peanuts. Spread in to greased 9X13 in pan.

Elle

NTxWriter Posted 6 Sep 2007 , 1:52pm
post #13 of 13

AuntieElle your recipe sounds great too! Maybe this year at Christmas I'll have to make several fudge recipes and get everyone to vote.

where do you live in TX? I'm in the DFW area.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%