Dh Cake Mix

Decorating By bransmom Updated 1 Nov 2006 , 6:17pm by birdgirl

bransmom Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
bransmom Posted 1 Nov 2006 , 12:54pm
post #1 of 9

I know that alot of people have been having trouble with DH cake mix. But for those who are not, it is on sale at my Kroger for $.77 a box. Great price because it is normally $1.49. Just wanted to let everyone know. Have a great day

8 replies
shelleylynn Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
shelleylynn Posted 1 Nov 2006 , 4:45pm
post #2 of 9

thanks!!!

SweetInspirations Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
SweetInspirations Posted 1 Nov 2006 , 4:48pm
post #3 of 9

My Walmart has the "DH Butter Recipe" cake mix on sale. Can I doctor this mix up the same as the "regular" DH mix?

LucyintheSky Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
LucyintheSky Posted 1 Nov 2006 , 5:35pm
post #4 of 9

I always use DH mix and so far (knock on wood) have not had any problems with it. I can buy it at my Walmart Supercenter at the regular price of .88!! If there's one around you, you migh want to try that... a big difference from $1.49 if you're buying a lot of it!

mkolmar Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mkolmar Posted 1 Nov 2006 , 6:04pm
post #5 of 9

I only had a small problem with it, but since then it's back to normal for me at least. My Kroger has it for $1 a box and it is usually $2.99 a box this week.

aundron Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
aundron Posted 1 Nov 2006 , 6:09pm
post #6 of 9

I went to the store yesterday and got me a couple of boxes and I'm going back today!! icon_biggrin.gif

knoxcop1 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
knoxcop1 Posted 1 Nov 2006 , 6:09pm
post #7 of 9

Ducan's the only guy for me! icon_smile.gif

It's been 82 cents here for quite a while, and I've been trying to stock up. (I consider it being "stocked" if I've got more than like, two boxes. My kitchen's the size of a cardboard box!)

icon_cry.gif

--Knox--

minnow Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
minnow Posted 1 Nov 2006 , 6:15pm
post #8 of 9

My WalMart has it for $.78 a box. Used three boxes on a 12 x 18 sheet cake the other day. I baked it at 325 instead of 350 for 1 hr. 20 min. because I had read all the bad reviews on DH. It came out ok except on one end. It was a little crusty but that is the end I cut off while shaping it.

Note: I've tried WalMart's generic cake mix and it does not taste good. Well actually it has no taste at all. Paying a few cents more for a name brand is ok to me if it means getting a better taste.

birdgirl Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
birdgirl Posted 1 Nov 2006 , 6:17pm
post #9 of 9

It has been 82 cents a box here too so I pick up as many as I can so I have them, but lately I always need more. I wish I could buy a case and get a price break. I am not complaining they are not expensive. Has anyone made the caramel flavor? Anyway to doctor it? I have used Pillsbury for a customer request but so far DH has been good.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%