Help!!how Do I Do This?

Decorating By aminaz Updated 31 Aug 2007 , 5:34pm by alanahodgson

aminaz Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
aminaz Posted 31 Aug 2007 , 12:41pm
post #1 of 6

a freind wants me to do these cupcakes for her engagement party, can someone tell me how do i do this? how do i get the look?
LL
LL

5 replies
alanahodgson Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
alanahodgson Posted 31 Aug 2007 , 12:46pm
post #2 of 6

Here's a tutorial on how to make a cupcake stand. It looks like they glued rose leaves on the stand, place the cup cakes on and filled in the spaces iwth roses. Its very pretty. Good luck.

http://www.cakejournal.com/2007/06/how-to-make-cake-stand-for-cupcakes-or.html

omaida Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
omaida Posted 31 Aug 2007 , 1:06pm
post #3 of 6

Each cupcake is done separately with the flowers and then placed on a stand, you can make it like the previous message posted, it's lots of fun and it looks great. Go for it! You can do it and make sure you post the pictures.

aminaz Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
aminaz Posted 31 Aug 2007 , 1:30pm
post #4 of 6

thanks for your help, do you think it will look nicer if i pipr roses on each cake or will fondant roses look nicer? which tip would i use for a small rose?

albumangel Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
albumangel Posted 31 Aug 2007 , 5:33pm
post #5 of 6

The roses in your picture look like they are fondant. They take a bit longer to make, but can be made ahead of time and will look more like the real roses.

Buttercream roses are yummier, for sure, but won't look quite as realistic. I would use tip 103 or 104 for buttercream roses, but you can play with them to get the effect you want.

alanahodgson Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
alanahodgson Posted 31 Aug 2007 , 5:34pm
post #6 of 6

tip 101 would probably be a good cupcake size rose. They would be much faster than fondant roses. However, the fondant roses would look more elegant. I think it depends on how much money they want to spend and/or how much time you want to spend.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%