I Taught My Cookie Class On Saturday

Decorating By southaustingirl Updated 2 Nov 2006 , 1:12am by yankeegal

southaustingirl Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
southaustingirl Posted 30 Oct 2006 , 6:17pm
post #1 of 8

..........and it was a success! It was for a fund raiser and each class participant paid a fee (donation) of $40 and all the proceeds went to benefit one of the ministries at my church.

I had space for 10 people and 12 people showed up! Good thing I came prepared for extra people. It was alot of fun and there requests from other people to have another class.

I'll post the pictures from the class later today.

7 replies
HunBun Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
HunBun Posted 30 Oct 2006 , 6:31pm
post #2 of 8

It's so nice to hear success stories like yours. Thanks for brightening my afternoon!

JanH Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
JanH Posted 30 Oct 2006 , 6:56pm
post #3 of 8

Wow, that was a success!!!!

Checked out your gallery; your cookies are awesome.

I'm sure the participants felt that the class was worth MORE than what they donated!!

Did they get to taste/take cookies home?

Heh, heh, I can see it now; home-party baking classes....

You go Girl!!!

southaustingirl Posted 30 Oct 2006 , 8:26pm
post #4 of 8

Yes, they got to decorate and take home (6) cookies (that I pre-baked) and we also baked more cookies during the class. They also got (2) disposable decorating bags, (5) parchment triangles, a coupler and (3) decorating tips.

After the expense of the supplies, we were able to raise a little over $300!!! Just in time for the holidays. We have some volunteers that provide activities for the children that live in one of the public housing apartment communities. So this money will help out with the Christmas party and getting gifts for the kids.

yankeegal Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
yankeegal Posted 30 Oct 2006 , 9:55pm
post #5 of 8

Congrats on the success of your class..this is an area that I would love to explore. I am doing a demo at a Christmas function and am really looking forward to it. Any pointers you have would be appreciated.

southaustingirl Posted 31 Oct 2006 , 1:52am
post #6 of 8

I would recommend that you be very prepared and flexible. I found that people who are not familar wihth deocarting terms and techniques tend to get lost and frustrated. Keep things simple.

finnox Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
finnox Posted 1 Nov 2006 , 5:02pm
post #7 of 8

I am happy that people actually still do stuff for there church. I love my church and love to do bake sells for special things going on. Its always so fun giving back to my church.

yankeegal Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
yankeegal Posted 2 Nov 2006 , 1:12am
post #8 of 8
Quote:
Originally Posted by southaustingirl

I would recommend that you be very prepared and flexible. I found that people who are not familar wihth deocarting terms and techniques tend to get lost and frustrated. Keep things simple.

that is great advice-I intend on using one or two simple cookies...thanks for your response.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%