Duff Needs Help...

Decorating By kjgjam22 Updated 4 Sep 2007 , 3:06pm by step0nmi

kjgjam22 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kjgjam22 Posted 31 Aug 2007 , 2:17am
post #1 of 6

Hi Guys,

Watching Duff now in food tv.. he needs help for a cake. I like the fact that they need help...makes me feel not so bad when I need help...i know he isnt perfect but.... icon_smile.gif

ps..the cake they needed help on was a basic wedding cake...basic compared to what they have and continue to do..

5 replies
dolfin Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
dolfin Posted 4 Sep 2007 , 2:05pm
post #2 of 6

I saw that episode and was glad they showed it! The people on there have great skills but I still think so many decorators on CC can blow them out of the water in re: to gumpaste people and BC skills (sadley, I am not one of those people!!)

He has great charisma and promotional abilities and would be a success in anything he chose to do.

PS: glad they are showing more of their techniques also.

wysmommy Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
wysmommy Posted 4 Sep 2007 , 2:43pm
post #3 of 6

I saw it too! I thought it was pretty cool he just called Collette right up for help! Hmmm...maybe I'll just give her a ring next time I'm trying to make something I can't quite figure out! icon_wink.gif

Carolynlovescake Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Carolynlovescake Posted 4 Sep 2007 , 2:54pm
post #4 of 6

I've heard them say often that when it comes to the basic cakes they just look at it and struggle on them.

LOL

I wonder how many of them can do a BC rose.

Liz1028 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Liz1028 Posted 4 Sep 2007 , 3:02pm
post #5 of 6

Goes to show you that we all have our niches in cake decorating and no matter how great we may be in one area, we all have at least one or two things that we need help in (sometimes more) icon_wink.gif .

That's why we have this wonderful site to help one another. I love my CC family! thumbs_up.gif

step0nmi Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
step0nmi Posted 4 Sep 2007 , 3:06pm
post #6 of 6

What I saw is that those horizontal stripes are hard to do! Like Duff said they can do them the other way but, it's something about fondant and those stripes that just don't work! I felt bad for them...they were having trouble all week! IT was a VERY good show though! So nice to see some more techniques and have them explain stuff!

(maybe they are reading cc threads! icon_lol.gif)

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%