I Found Two New Coffee Creamers

Decorating By butternut Updated 4 Sep 2007 , 8:06pm by Lynnscakes_sc

butternut Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
butternut Posted 30 Aug 2007 , 10:45pm
post #1 of 17

Hey everyone. I came across two new creamers at the store today. Some of you may have already seen them. I found Vanilla Caramel Brownie and Vanilla Toffee Caramel, both by International Delight. That Vanilla Caramel Brownie just got my mouth watering and I had to get some. Has anyone tried either of these yet????

16 replies
mommapaul3 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mommapaul3 Posted 30 Aug 2007 , 10:52pm
post #2 of 17

Oooohhhhh! Those sound yummy. I don't seem to get the new flavors right away in my neck of the woods, but I'll have to keep my eyes open and try those when they come here.

JanetPlanet Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
JanetPlanet Posted 30 Aug 2007 , 11:03pm
post #3 of 17

Do you use those creamers to flavor frosting, filling, or cake? I could dump some of my hazelnut into buttercream? Oooooh!

WarEagle Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
WarEagle Posted 30 Aug 2007 , 11:18pm
post #4 of 17

I picked up the Vanilla Caramel Brownie, Southern Butter Pecan, Blueberry Cobbler and Caramel Hazelnut Swirl flavors yesterday. I feel a huge batch of Cake Balls will be in my future!!!!

butternut Posted 30 Aug 2007 , 11:24pm
post #5 of 17

I tried the Caramel Hazelnut Swirl in my last cake and it was without a doubt FANTASTIC!!!!!!!
I usually substitute about 1/2 to 3/4 of the water with the creamer in my cake. I have also added it to my icing but it doesn't take much to flavor it and if you add too much, it really overpowers it. In the right amount it's just GREAT!!!!!

CHuffmyer Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
CHuffmyer Posted 30 Aug 2007 , 11:40pm
post #6 of 17

I tried the Vanilla Caramel Brownie creamer in a white cake today. I substituted about 1/2 of the water for the creamer, but when I baked it, the middle of my cake sunk! It tastes GREAT, but the cake just baked so poorly. Did I do something wrong?

aswartzw Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
aswartzw Posted 30 Aug 2007 , 11:46pm
post #7 of 17

Yum! I can't wait to try. I mixed some in my icing last weekend while baking at my aunt's house and was hiding my "secret" ingredient. icon_cool.gif I'll have to run out and get some!

butternut Posted 30 Aug 2007 , 11:47pm
post #8 of 17

Hmmmmm, I'm not sure why your cake would have done that. I've used the creamers for a long time now and have never had that happen. Let's see, I use a box mix, add a box of instant pudding and an extra egg, and I always add 1 tablespoon of Meringue Powder which I believe helps it to rise better. Then of course the amount of oil and water (creamer) as called for on the box. I would love to know why your cake did that. Wish I could help.

yummy Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
yummy Posted 30 Aug 2007 , 11:48pm
post #9 of 17

What's the southern butter pecan like; have you used the butter pecan filling from this site with it?

WarEagle Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
WarEagle Posted 31 Aug 2007 , 12:50am
post #10 of 17

I haven't tried the Southern Butter Pecan yet, but probably will make some cake balls this weekend using it...maybe in a cake, too...will let you know how it turns out...

adawndria Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
adawndria Posted 31 Aug 2007 , 1:17am
post #11 of 17

I'm obsessed with the Coconut Creme flavor. It's great in lemon cake! I saw the brownie flavor, but wasn't sure what flavor cake mix it would work well with...I like the white cake idea. By the way, are these good in coffee? In coffee, I just use French Vanilla or Amaretto when I drink it. I can't imagine it would make a cup of coffee taste like a brownie!

countrykittie Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
countrykittie Posted 31 Aug 2007 , 1:23am
post #12 of 17

Just wondering...

Can you use powdered flavoured coffees or strictly the flavoured coffee creamers from the dairy section? We don't have a huge variety of the "dairy" flavoured coffees, but I think there is more of a selection of the powdered varieties...has anyone tried this?

adawndria Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
adawndria Posted 31 Aug 2007 , 1:25am
post #13 of 17

I've seen several posts where the powdered creamers were used. Not sure in what ratios, but they get rave reviews as well.

ribbitfroggie Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ribbitfroggie Posted 31 Aug 2007 , 6:00am
post #14 of 17

I am wondering how you all store the liquid creamers when you buy multiple ones? I thought I had read before of someone freezing them in ice cube trays, so they could use a cube's worth for each cake, etc. but I tried this and was never able to get the creamers to freeze thoroughly. Just wondering how you keep them good or if you buy only one flavor and use it up. TIA!

mccorda Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mccorda Posted 31 Aug 2007 , 6:37am
post #15 of 17

The Buttern Pecan is wonderful. I mixed it into my buttercream and then used it as a filling.
I've also been putting it on my vanilla ice cream and stirring it all together. Oh my, it's yummy!!

jen1977 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
jen1977 Posted 31 Aug 2007 , 1:07pm
post #16 of 17
Quote:
Originally Posted by adawndria

I'm obsessed with the Coconut Creme flavor. It's great in lemon cake! I saw the brownie flavor, but wasn't sure what flavor cake mix it would work well with...I like the white cake idea. By the way, are these good in coffee? In coffee, I just use French Vanilla or Amaretto when I drink it. I can't imagine it would make a cup of coffee taste like a brownie!

I use the coconut creme in my coffee every morning! It's my fav, although I did prefer the powder when they still had it.

Lynnscakes_sc Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Lynnscakes_sc Posted 4 Sep 2007 , 8:06pm
post #17 of 17

I noticed yesterday in the grocery store that International Delight had a new flavor for a limited time, Pumpkin Spice. Has anyone used this kind yet?

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%